20 robbed on Songkran finale

Rimmer

20 robbed on Songkran finale

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya’s police chief said only 12 tourists were robbed on Songkran’s biggest day.

Pol. Col. Prawit Chorsang said April 20 that the previous day’s “wan lai” water-throwing day had blanket police coverage, which helped suppress crime.

In addition to the 12 foreigners, eight Thais reported being pickpocketed or robbed. Most items stolen were mobile phones in waterproof pouches.

The number of cases were less than reported last year, Prawit said, noting all of downtown Pattaya was a sea of bodies with hundreds of thousands of people out on the streets, yet still only 20 petty crimes.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-04-24--

So I know for a fact that thier numbers are wrong.  They are only saying the numbers of people who filed police reports.  

My Thai fiancé had her iPhone stolen on he 19th.  

Went to police station the next day and there were many tourist and Thai were told are you crazy..... Your not getting your phone back.  There is no point in filing a police report.

And yes the iPhone has an activation lock so nobody else could use it.  

And actually today someone in Russia tried to get into her old phone.

5 hours ago, Calover said:

So I know for a fact that thier numbers are wrong.  They are only saying the numbers of people who filed police reports.  

My Thai fiancé had her iPhone stolen on he 19th.  

Went to police station the next day and there were many tourist and Thai were told are you crazy..... Your not getting your phone back.  There is no point in filing a police report.

And yes the iPhone has an activation lock so nobody else could use it.  

And actually today someone in Russia tried to get into her old phone.

Perhaps it was Kim Jong-un wth her phone now, he is currently in Russia. And if you think any iphone is safe, then ask the Israeli security company who can access them !! 

On 4/24/2019 at 10:57 AM, mikebell said:

I didn't know there were that many in town.  Wait till they get home to their respective nations and relay how much fun they had in Pattaya.

Running around with water pistols giggling, they should get their backsides paddled when they get home!

Archived