Armed forces told not to train conscripts under scorching sun

webfact

Armed forces told not to train conscripts under scorching sun

By The Nation

blazing-sun.jpg

FILE photo

Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan, who is also deputy prime minister, said on Wednesday that he has instructed the armed forces to stop training conscripts under the blazing sun, warning that they might suffer heastroke.

The minister has also told all military bases to suspend field training and allow the conscripts to rest in shade if the weather is too hot.

The temperature in many parts of Thailand has for several days been above 40 degrees Celsius.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30368284

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-04-24

He is such a caring, lovable individual. The Thais should be extremely grateful to him.

And what he urged would never, ever in a million years, have occurred to anyone. My God, the guy's got brains and foresight. I cannot help but admire him!

11 minutes ago, transam said:

Really......Do you want more ice in your beer Sir....?

:cheesy: ... yes Sir, indeed very caring of you, thank's - maybe one more brew whilst you're at it ...

(was just being sarcastic a bit, and surprised they have to be told in the first place ...!)

If they ( The Armed forces collectively ) have to be told NOT to train in this uncustomary heat, then what are the thought processes of the lower leadership. Judging by what I have seen over the years, not that good . 

it also limits the work they ( The Armed forces can do ) too hot, too cold, absolutely useless , so if you want to overthrow Thailand, Summer or Winter will do , the Military cannot work . 

Archived