Vietnam Easiest Visa for a Few Days

48 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

There are a lot of companies selling evisas and visas on arrival, all at an inflated cost, and Google throws them up at the top of the page, make sure you use the Government Website.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

Thanks, look like the way to go.  I don't see any restrictions on how early it can be applied for?  When in comes for my out and back extension of stay for my OA visa I plan on going from CM to Da Nang direct for about ฿3400

Another poster recommended this private service in a related thread in the past day or so, and said he'd had good experience with them.  They're not issuing you a visa... They're just lining up the application for you to receive a visa on arrival once landing in Vietnam.

https://www.vietnamvisapro.com/

But for Americans, their site says they can do the groundwork for getting either a 1 year tourist or 1 year business visa, both multiple entry.  The 1 year tourist requiring exits every 90 days. The 1 year business visa not requiring exits.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything on their website that explained what if any other requirements might exist for being able to obtain the preferable business visa, other than paying the required fees.  Maybe there aren't any... I've never found any clarity on that point.

12 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks, look like the way to go.  I don't see any restrictions on how early it can be applied for?  When in comes for my out and back extension of stay for my OA visa I plan on going from CM to Da Nang direct for about ฿3400

I saw an airline advertising direct flights from CM to Hanoi or HCMC recently , Bangkok airways I seem to recall , as theres no Thai consulate in Da nang

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I saw an airline advertising direct flights from CM to Hanoi or HCMC recently , Bangkok airways I seem to recall , as theres no Thai consulate in Da nang

Bangkok Air appears to NOT have direct flights.  Their fastest flight from CNX to SGN is 6 hours.  Air Asia has direct flights from CNX to Da Nang and Hanoi which are about 2 hours.  For my purposes, I do not need the services of a Thai Embassy.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

The link you provided doesn't work - it gives me a session timed out.  I manually looked at Saigon and Da Nang and found no nonstop flights with Bangkok air. I did find one to Hanoi but that isn't where I want to go.  Other than the fact that I have never had "Hanoi Pho'", I have no real desire to go there and like I said I have no need of an Embassy.

The best way that I have found to find direct flights is to use skyscanner.com.  Just enter your departure airport (in my case CNX) and then for the arrival entry use "Everywhere".  It will then give you the flights to Everywhere by destination country and then city.

Archived