Royal Garden Plaza parking

thaitero

I have no idea about motorbikes but if you have a car then you get (I think) two hours free parking if you spend more than 100B. You have to take your receipt to the information kiosk on the second floor and they will validate your parking card. Not sure how it works if you are only going to Foodland as the kiosk is a long way from there.

All this is a complete pain and must put a lot of people off going there. It certainly discourages me from going there unless I am certain that I will get what I am going for. So that means that I now only ever go to the Royal Garden to eat at Sizzler, and for every other sort of purchase I go elsewhere. Window shopping is completely out of the question.

• Like 1

I have no idea about motorbikes but if you have a car then you get (I think) two hours free parking if you spend more than 100B. You have to take your receipt to the information kiosk on the second floor and they will validate your parking card. Not sure how it works if you are only going to Foodland as the kiosk is a long way from there.
All this is a complete pain and must put a lot of people off going there. It certainly discourages me from going there unless I am certain that I will get what I am going for. So that means that I now only ever go to the Royal Garden to eat at Sizzler, and for every other sort of purchase I go elsewhere. Window shopping is completely out of the question.

BTW- A few months ago at Royal Garden I discovered a DIY hardware shop on the second floor. Not the best quality compared to ACE Hardware stores but it was interesting to see what they had. I picked up a couple paint brushes & caulking gun there. Items for the kitchen and bath also.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, toenail said:

A few months ago at Royal Garden I discovered a DIY hardware shop on the second floor. Not the best quality compared to ACE Hardware stores but it was interesting to see what they had. I picked up a couple paint brushes & caulking gun there. Items for the kitchen and bath also.

That's an example of the sort of place that will probably never get my business due to the parking charges. If they made the first hour or two free for all comers then I would be much more inclined to go there just to look around, and that's exactly the sort of shop I would look at.

Even in Bangkok you get a couple of hours for free in all malls I have ever parked in (not many, admittedly).

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

We used to go there too  (Royal Garden), to eat at Sizzler, but now we switched to the Sizzler at Central.

11 hours ago, thaitero said:

Thanks for replies..

As for this DIY-shop i suggest to go their avenue branch.. Bigger store there. Ground floor near this food coupon place..

is it this shop ?

1107323913_P_20170312_153407(Large).jpg.56e2fc5c585344268050f85458d6cbcb.jpg

if so they also have a branch at Tuckcom   and either (can't remember which )

Harbor Mall or Central Marina (Big C north)

Edited by johng

15 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Not sure how it works if you are only going to Foodland as the kiosk is a long way from there.

They stamp the ticket after paying at the counter at the booth opposite the bakery next to the cashiers. Just ask the cashier and they'll point it out.

Good place to park, but I'm always worried there will be some cable or conduit hanging and scratching the car roof, it's quite low.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

They stamp the ticket after paying at the counter at the booth opposite the bakery next to the cashiers. Just ask the cashier and they'll point it out.

Ah. I wonder why Sizzler dont have a stamp like that?

Visited with my scooter.. Ate a KFC burger and some foodshopping from foodland, Gave cashier my parking ticket also. Some helpergirl took card somewhere and i got it back soonish.. No payment when left.. "motorbike area" is seperated area inside the garage and quite smallish, Not for Big Bikes at least..

Btw,, Since Foodland is 24H, Does anyone know if this parking also open 24h ?

Edited by thaitero

On 4/29/2019 at 2:34 PM, KittenKong said:

Ah. I wonder why Sizzler dont have a stamp like that?

Went Wednesday, now it's a plastic card, so no stamp but they beep it with the machine. I guess you have to have the machine and Sizzler is stingy.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Went Wednesday, now it's a plastic card, so no stamp but they beep it with the machine. I guess you have to have the machine and Sizzler is stingy.

I wonder if any of the restaurants have that device or whether they all make you go to the kiosk?

Edited by KittenKong