Big Joke: Due to present himself for new adviser role on Thursday

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

Once again Dear Farangs, THIS IS THAILAND AND THESE ARE THAI MATTERS. Really folks, it's none of your business and you don't deserve any further information, just like the GITMO Admiral relieved of duty, not your business. I know why I didn't make Major (0-4), but I am not divulging to the press.

Hold the phone! Are you saying my “we demand the truth about Big Joke” placard is now useless? 

Making that was a waste of an afternoon. 

4 hours ago, monkfish said:

Seems to be a lack of transparency in this case I think the public deserve an explanation.

did you have any transparency with other (any) cases related to the ruling party, nope and nope thus don't expect anything to transpire from their mik mak business

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Chair P's office would be shocked when the former poster boy showed up again .. 

IMG_20190430_065428_20190430070535076.jpg

he's missing the tan from the California sunshine, it looks like he was at the Santa Monica peer or Venice Beach

5 hours ago, monkfish said:

Seems to be a lack of transparency in this case I think the public deserve an explanation.

you forgot that we are in Thailand... fake news, fake numbers, fake estimates, fake reports are expected, wait and see

"Thai Rath said that rumors about the Lt-Gen's removal from his police roles at immigration and the tech police were still subject to rampant rumor."

And what is the reason for that? NOBODY HAS EXPLAINED WHY!

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

It will be interesting to seen if he shows up on thursday.

From blue eyed poster boy, to office boy.... Just like that.

Just like Farang who also live under the Sword of Damocles?

When "They" want something to change for an individual - change just happe.s - like this!!!!!

7 hours ago, tracker1 said:

A civilian capacity as adviser ! now that's a big fall from Lt General of Police, I wonder if he will divulge the reason or the Re adjustment process worked on him to well ?

Probably on a much larger salary????

2 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Yeah, I was actually curious whether or not he was physically back in the country.

Maybe I've missed it, but if he is, I'm a little shocked since my money was on him quietly slipping away somewhere

Joining the Red Bull lad somewhere in the South of France/Australia/or Canada??

We will see in due time......... But I can't help wondering if he is going to try for 'POLITICAL ASYLUM' in the US (like the Central American/Cuban refugees)...... I think he could claim his life was in danger in Thailand (and it could actually be)........

Many strange things could result from this Junta and 'Fake election"....... Have patience and wait, but it is sure to be interesting and many surprises in store..........

7 hours ago, johng50 said:

They all know, but to open their mouths or print the truth would be many years in jail.

Same as a lot of Thais know the truth, but dont want trouble. the reason is simple, he voted for the opposition, simple, but a big no no if you want your cushy job and lifestyle. thats why the junta will be in power for decades to come. why do you think the result of the election isnt announced yet, because they are still looking through the votes to see who voted against them. Also its crap about his big bank accounts etc, if it was he would be in jail now and no job, in the juntas eyes hes been a naughty boy not a criminal, just a bad choice of vote.

I would disagree with pretty much all your statements.

1) how do you know he voted for the opposition?

2) the junta will not stay in power for decades to come. coups rarely last more than a few years.

3) do you suppose that the names of the voters are on the ballots? that would be most unusual.

4) do you suppose that a man in his position hasn't amassed a fortune by now? then you don't really understand the extent of corruption in Thailand.

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Looks like a big white collar job this advising lark ????

Someone is trying to save BJ's face, he stepped on to many toes, ouch went the boys at immigration

No lunch money now.

He was trying to streamline immigration and get rid of 90 day reporting and make visa process much easier for expats married to Thai and with children.

At the same time he was cleaning a lot of scum out.

Scum are very dirty, and dangerous, they have the capacity to fill up brown envelopes, many were resentful, their incomes clipped .

He was set up, and now given a nice new uniform and an easy job, to try to save his face and the face of those who hated getting a wage reduction.

10 hours ago, geisha said:

From what I understand, he is still Lt General Surachate , right ?

No. Not according to reports in the Thai press. The PM invoked Article 44 a scant four days after Hapkarn's initial downfall, and was stripped of any/all official Police rank, and reinstated as a civil servant by the NCPO.

The Article 44 Decree was published on 8 April 2019.

Archived