Julian Assange sentenced to 50 weeks in British jail for skipping bail

Jonathan Fairfield

14 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

She said that it had cost taxpayers 16 million pounds ($21 million) to ensure that Assange was arrested when he left the embassy.

Expensive police force they have in the UK.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BE HAPPY said:

how much did this man cost the British tax payer,he is leach,he is a scum bag,

I'm sure that there are a lot on social welfarre who are no better.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

So Assange has received a 50 week sentance for jumping bail on a Swedish charge that no longer exists....

It is of course ridiculous that the brit. govt. decided to waste so much money hounding him - and then had the audacity to blame Assange for them wasting so much money!

But I'm sure Assange is more concerned about the fact that he will undoubtedly be shortly extradited to the US.....

Well they wasted a lot more money on Brexit...

I'm tired of this man, release him into the wild, so he can settle down with a family and kids and never be heard from again . 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Basil B said:

Well they wasted a lot more money on Brexit...

Of course there will always try to turn this important issue regarding the right to tell people the truth about what are govts. are 'up to' - into a brexit issue....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

So Assange has received a 50 week sentance for jumping bail on a Swedish charge that no longer exists....

It is of course ridiculous that the brit. govt. decided to waste so much money hounding him - and then had the audacity to blame Assange for them wasting so much money!

But I'm sure Assange is more concerned about the fact that he will undoubtedly be shortly extradited to the US.....

So I assume you feel May was wrong to sack Gavin Williamson for leaking details of a National Security Council Meeting... 

assange parallels ??

Mason,(connery) a 60-year-old British national imprisoned without charges for three decades

he was a British SAS Captain who stole a microfilm containing details of the United States' most closely guarded secrets, refusing to give it up when captured because he knew he would be killed if he did.

supposedly just fiction

118697138.jpg

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

If it looks and smells of being like a witch-hunt, odds are it is.

I have the same impression, that's non going down very well with the public opinion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

He did not make them spend it. The politicians did. Had they left him alone he'd have come out in his own time. He was hardly a danger to the public was he?

Has it occurred to you that Assange detained himself, and that while he was wasting seven of the best years of his life in his futile attempt to evade justice it was Assange and only Assange preventing him from leaving the Ecuadorian Embassy.

Complex explanation = International conspiracy involving the US, UK, Sweden, Ecuador and trials/judgements in open courts of law.

Simple explanation = Assange is a sniveling coward.

• Like 1

Guest Jerry787
20 hours ago, daboyz1 said:

Too bad it's not 50 years.

for what ??? for being a honest journalist and show to the world what US and Blackwater mercenaries where doing ? 

Guest Jerry787

50 weeks to escape bail for a crime not committed and an extradition request void due that there was no any crime committed !!

shame on the judge, shame on british false justice !

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Chomper Higgot - why are you confused by my above post?

I’m more amused than confused.

Jumping bail is s crime in and of itself.

Evading arrest until a crime passes its statute of limitations is not an argument that the crime was not committed or an argument of innocence.

But I agree, Assange is undoubtedly very concerned that he will now almost certainly be extradited to the US.

• Like 1