Transfer condo to Thai wife

Land offices have their own valuation per sqm. Depending how much you paid and length of ownership will determine the amount. Good rule of thumb is about 5% however I sold mine and all fees came to over 8% which the buyer paid as we agreed. If your wife is Thai, you will be devauling the condo as Thai quota is almost always worth less than Foreign quota, unless its a predominatly Thai owned condo 

21 hours ago, Nepal4me said:

I wonder what the fees would be simply transfer the condo to my wife's name?

I don't think you can "simply" transfer it to her name.

In my case, I put it in her name at time of purchase, so not much help to you I know, and attached myself to the Chanote as a 20 yr. tenant (needs our two signatures if decided to sell)

I reckon I will be well and truly "expired" before the lease expires. I did it this way to avoid any "Will" complications. We never actually married ...we are just "lovers"...in name only...not action wise 555. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

Land offices have their own valuation per sqm. Depending how much you paid and length of ownership will determine the amount. Good rule of thumb is about 5% however I sold mine and all fees came to over 8% which the buyer paid as we agreed. If your wife is Thai, you will be devauling the condo as Thai quota is almost always worth less than Foreign quota, unless its a predominatly Thai owned condo 

It will always be a predominantly Thai owned condo.... Thems the rules.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

I don't think you can "simply" transfer it to her name.

In my case, I put it in her name at time of purchase, so not much help to you I know, and attached myself to the Chanote as a 20 yr. tenant (needs our two signatures if decided to sell)

I reckon I will be well and truly "expired" before the lease expires. I did it this way to avoid any "Will" complications. We never actually married ...we are just "lovers"...in name only...not action wise 555. 

That’s very interesting about attaching yourself to the Chanote. I have never heard of that before 

All u get here is uninformed opinions.......go to the land office and ask........get the FACTS........if you are going to do it, you need to go there anyway.

someone in the office of the condo, the Jurassic person should know the details but maybe not exact amounts........go to the land office

8 hours ago, rocketman777 said:

The fees seem to be based on the sale price.

So if he just wants to transfer and make the sale price zero, there would be no fees.

Would the land office allow this ?

Can but not zero? common sense figure like if sale price around a million he can put 100K.

18 hours ago, rocketman777 said:

The fees seem to be based on the sale price.

So if he just wants to transfer and make the sale price zero, there would be no fees.

Would the land office allow this ?

No. They use the higher of the declared price or the assessed price.