12 month extension for parent of a Thai child

Did this for the first time last year. Monumentally difficult getting people from my immediate moo ban

who had to come to immigration and guarantee me, photos with them, mountains of paperwork etc but

got through it after at least 5 return visits. I swore I wouldn't do it again but as it turned out was a good

move changing from my retirement visa in light of the new rules. Anyway they assure me consecutive years

not as difficult and wont need other people to come with me etc.

Just wondering can someone refresh my memory. Do I need the 400k in the bank 2 or 3 months before applying?

Can anyone direct me to somewhere where I can download the necessary application forms, list of things required

etc.

Has anything changed regarding the rules of this extension since last year?

The only form you need to complete is a TM7 form and you will need 2 completed to apply for the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. Download, complete and print two sided this. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

There will be some other forms immigration will give you complete but they are not available for downloading (conditions for an extension of stay and overstay rules for example).

You will certainly need 2 sets of documents and photos. I suggest you check with your local office to get an updated list of what they want for the application.

I was under that assumption too, in fact I thought it was one of the benefits of getting a child visa. But my IO says from memory 2 months. Pretty sure Ubon Joe said 2 months in the past also 

42 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I was under that assumption too, in fact I thought it was one of the benefits of getting a child visa. But my IO says from memory 2 months. Pretty sure Ubon Joe said 2 months in the past also 

The 2 months is not mentioned in the police order but many offices want it.  Best to be prepared and have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.