Bkk Transfer United To Cebu Pacific

Has anyone connected from the United NRT-BKK flight to Cebu Pacific's BKK-MNL flight?

How do I do this?

Is there a connections hall?

Are they far away?

How much time is needed for the the connection?

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the poor English.

Edited by darumjeito

Has anyone connected from the United NRT-BKK flight to Cebu Pacific's BKK-MNL flight?

How do I do this?

Are they far away?

United flight arrives in the middle of the night.

Do you want to stay inside transit area or go out at Bangkok ?

If you want to stay in transit, you will need to make sure your bags are tagged up to Manila from Tokyo.

When you arrive in Bangkok follow transfer info and check-in for your flight at the transfer desk

Then wait for your flight

It will be very lonely as very few flights during the night

How do I do this?

Are they far away?

United flight arrives in the middle of the night.

Do you want to stay inside transit area or go out at Bangkok ?

If you want to stay in transit, you will need to make sure your bags are tagged up to Manila from Tokyo.

When you arrive in Bangkok follow transfer info and check-in for your flight at the transfer desk

Then wait for your flight

It will be very lonely as very few flights during the night

I believe the Cebu Pacific flight leaves at 0150, so the connection timings may be quite good

Just like AirAsia Ceb-Pac is a LOWCOST nofrills carrier and ONLY does point-to-point flights with NEW fresh checkin every time.

As they have just started to fly to BKK, there wont be much expereince in connections yet.

Thus you canNOt simply go to transit desk and arrange, you canNOT send all the luggages through, and you pass THAI immigration in+out again in a few hrs.

IF UAL arr indeed at 1.05 this is far too late, as you must check-in 1 hr before their dep. at 1.50= 0.50

in such cases, allow AT LEAST 2,5 -3 hours to clear immigration (queues can be horrendous these days), claiming ur baggage (a lottery game as well), walking the long way to the check-in-counters....

if u miss ur flight on a budget-carrier, ur money is gone.....

Thanks for the replies.

I've called United and they do have a baggage agreement with Cebu Pacific. I also read somewhere in another post that someone has had a sucessful UA to 5J transfer in HKG, but this connection had more than the 2 hour connection time that I will have. (UA 837 arr at 11:10p and 5J lvs at 1:35a)

So assuming my bags are interlined through to Manila, can I still do the transfer?

Asanee, you mentioned something about a "fresh check-in," does this need to be done landside?

When I arrive into BKK and try to transfer (remain airside) is there a check for a continuing boarding pass? Will an e-ticket receipt and proof of connecting bag tags suffice?

If there is no Cebu Pacific "transfer desk," since that carrier is new, can I possibly just go to the gate? In HKG, I know that the gates are "open" meaning you can walk from gate area to gate area, whereas in Singapore the gate area is a sort of room.

Thanks again for your help.

How do I do this?

Are they far away?

If, as was reported Ua will check you bags to Cebu...

No Passport conmtrol as you are a transit passenger. I would say 1.5 hours will do. ther is so very good shopping on level 4 which you can pass thru going from UA to Cebu. I, get blasted for saying this but I dont'; care, the Duty free shoppking is great, good prices and very nice shops. I think SuwannaBoom is far niceer than thenew section for Star Alliance at Narita, You can compare as you'll have, as we all do, have a bit of a wait in NRT...Have fun and good luck. Salalemt Po and Away We Go....

Thanks for the replies.

I've called United and they do have a baggage agreement with Cebu Pacific. I also read somewhere in another post that someone has had a sucessful UA to 5J transfer in HKG, but this connection had more than the 2 hour connection time that I will have. (UA 837 arr at 11:10p and 5J lvs at 1:35a)

So assuming my bags are interlined through to Manila, can I still do the transfer?

Asanee, you mentioned something about a "fresh check-in," does this need to be done landside?

When I arrive into BKK and try to transfer (remain airside) is there a check for a continuing boarding pass? Will an e-ticket receipt and proof of connecting bag tags suffice?

If there is no Cebu Pacific "transfer desk," since that carrier is new, can I possibly just go to the gate? In HKG, I know that the gates are "open" meaning you can walk from gate area to gate area, whereas in Singapore the gate area is a sort of room.

Thanks again for your help.

If UA has interline agreement for your bags with Cebu Pacific, even if they don't have their own transfer desk at BKK their flights will be handled by a local carrier probably TG. You will not need to go landside

Maybe try to call Cebu Pacific in BKK beforehand ? Good luck