400000 Baht Requirement for Non-O Extension marriage based.

Hi

My Visa Extension marriage  Non-O type is getting finished on 05-Dec-19. As per the requirement I am suppose to file application 01 month prior. 

As per the rule, I am also suppose to show 400K Baht in the Thai Bank Account for at least 02 Months. 

Question is what date the 02 Months funding period should start from a. Date of Filing of Application (i.e., 01 month prior to Visa date end, 0r b.  Last Date of Visa Extension i.e., 05-Dec-19.

Reply(Advice) awaited based on facts

Regards

There is no requirement that you do the application one month before the date your extension expires. You can do it at any time during the last 30 days of your extension.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for at least 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

There is no requirement that you do the application one month before the date your extension expires. You can do it at any time during the last 30 days of your extension.

The 400k baht has to be in the bank for at least 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

Thanks for a quick reply.

So that means if my Visa Last Date is 05-Dec-19. I can still apply on the 2nd/3rd Last Date. 

2 minutes ago, taken said:

So that means if my Visa Last Date is 05-Dec-19. I can still apply on the 2nd/3rd Last Date. 

Yes you could if you wanted to.

I suggest doing it no later than 2 weeks before the date you extension ends.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Im confused from an other thread, getting the visa in laos requires no show of funds but the extention in Thailand does. So if you do not want to show funds, you have to keep getting a new marriage visa in laos every 3months?

8 minutes ago, bearpolar said:

Im confused from an other thread, getting the visa in laos requires no show of funds but the extention in Thailand does. So if you do not want to show funds, you have to keep getting a new marriage visa in laos every 3months?

You can get a multiple entry non-o visa in a Savannakhet with no financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue. You have to leave every 90 days for new entry.

A extension of stay of allows you to stay for a year and then you can apply for a new one every year. You never have to leave the country unless you want to.