Local elections deliver Brexit bashing for Britain's May and opposition

rooster59

42 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Again I repeat, I was asking a citizen of a E.u country, of whom there are many on these Brexit threads, who all seem to think that we should stay in this so called union. WHY are they so insistent that we should remain, in spite of the Fact that the British people voted by a majority of more than 1 million in the largest Democratic vote in our history to leave. 

Personally, if I was in their shoes, I would want the U.K to leave, because I would realise that  should the U.K remain, the Brits will never truely  accept being governed by Brussels. And if the Brits were to remain, they would continue to increase divisions throughout the E.u. 

4CFE32F7-BDBD-4EAC-9177-5B743A2193DC.jpeg

As an EU citizen, I think that Brexit is one of the biggest mistakes ever - but that doesn't mean that I want you to stay. I want you to leave now, for exactly the reasons that you are giving.

• Like 1

I think all of us Europeans have good friends in the UK. Why would we do such an destructive thing towards our friends and support the Leave campaign?

Nope, you are not getting any help with that. We value our friendships with our UK friends. 

Why not have a vote amongst the non-UK posters here? Which ones have said they would now like the UK to Leave vs. The ones that still like to tie us to our contributions and trade benefits.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Some are apolitical, but still don't like the value of pound dropping. The rest are remainers. 

I have only once met a brexiteer in real life. He looked like the 'Pat' brexiteer youtuber, but wearing a Singha wife beater. He was one angry old man. His posture made me smile ????

A Singha wife beater? Oh well, glad it made you happy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Why not have a vote amongst the non-UK posters here? Which ones have said they would now like the UK to Leave vs. The ones that still like to tie us to our contributions and trade benefits.

Non British posters have a valuable imput to Brexit threads.

"Oh what gift the Giftie gie us,

To see ourselves as others see us".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

So please join the Leave movement. Protest in Europe for the UK to Leave. Don’t keep sniping on TVF that the UK should stay.
EU nationals now wanting us to Leave. Is this another one of those famous Remainer claims of “People can change their minds.”?

You don’t seem to be in touch much with ‘continental Europe’. Many citizens of EU Member States have - and had - no problem at all with the UK leaving - their problem is that the UK is seen to drag its feet, for whatever - internal - reasons. Please get on with it so we can all concentrate again on more important issues.

Edited by damascase
Typo

Non British posters have a valuable imput to Brexit threads.

"Oh what gift the Giftie gie us,
To see ourselves as others see us".

They certainly help you keep up the TVF click rate.
Value of their input - quantitive high, qualitative poor.
I would say they generally support Remain, but a couple are all over the shop.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Mark Francois on form a few mins ago:

"the British establishment, in all their cosseted, feather-bedded, oh-so-superior smugness"

Isn't Moggy one of theirs? He's avin' a laugh! Suspect that the Bullingdon Club boys are members too.

You don’t seem to be in touch much with ‘continental Europe’. Many citizens of EU Member States have - and had - no problem at all with the UK leaving - their problem is that the UK is seen to drag its feet, for whatever - internal - reasons. Please get on with it so we can all concentrate again on more important issues.

I’m not in touch with it at all. I don’t see many of them supporting Brexit though. Certainly not many of them on TVF.
Do you think there could be a secret organisation in Brussels saying “Psst, no more extensions for UK, no negotiations, just let them slip away, no deal.”?
Come on, give us some genuine Brexit support, if there is some out there. I’d be surprised but happy if the UK MSM were hiding yet another proBrexit issue.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

I’m not in touch with it at all. I don’t see many of them supporting Brexit though. Certainly not many of them on TVF.
Do you think there could be a secret organisation in Brussels saying “Psst, no more extensions for UK, no negotiations, just let them slip away, no deal.”?
Come on, give us some genuine Brexit support, if there is some out there. I’d be surprised but happy if the UK MSM were hiding yet another proBrexit issue.

There is a difference between not having a problem with the UK leaving and actually supporting the Brexit-stupidity/mess/shambles. The current problems are fully yours.

32 minutes ago, oilinki said:

It is the deal for UK to exit the Union.

You are right that the real and much more important deals are just ahead of us and those will take some time to complete. Therefore this first exit deal offers UK time to adapt to the new realities. That's fair and balanced offer. 

It's lousy and that's why the EU like it.

Hopefully no more negotiations. They are a waste of time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

Could not agree with you more, although I have to point out, that it’s our 

two faced lying politicians who have dragged this out. 

Hopefully we will soon leave, and then we can be good neighbours.

Indeed.

Rees-Mogg and his ERG and all the others who have put personal ambition ahead of the country.

If it weren't for them we would have left on schedule on the 29th March.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Francois is the least likely to get out of a bath when he needs a piss ????

By coincidence I've just come across this article that appears to confirm exactly what you say.

The BBC was under fire today after accidentally showing the Breakfast sofa being hosed down and disinfected following an appearance from Mark Francois.

Francois appeared at 7.50 to shout nonsense at presenter Louise Minchin. Following the interview, the Weather was announced, but instead of cutting to Carol Kirkwood, the camera cut to several people in protective suits dousing the sofa in disinfectant before hosing it down.The BBC has apologised, but also claimed that disinfecting furniture was standard practice after Mark Francois had been sitting on it.

“Obviously, the last thing we want to do is cause Mr Francois embarrassment,” said a spokesperson for the corporation. “But, the fact is that Mr Francois can leave…detritus… if he has been in one place for too long.” Although the spokesperson was unwilling to elaborate, it is understood that the detritus to which he referred includes flecks of spittle, gravy, some turds and foaming, hate-filled bile.

“We had Dame Judi Dench on afterwards, and so it was important that the sofa was fully decontaminated from Mr Francois’…leavings… because, well, she’s a Dame, and she can’t be expected to put up with all that.”    article in Newsthump.

sofa.png

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, oilinki said:

It's actually fair and balanced compromise. Something for both, yet neither party gets everything they wanted. That's how deals often are.

To stop negotiations would be a loss for EU. That's for sure. However it would be a disaster for the UK, which is why UK government doesn't want to drop the negotiations.

All this first part could have been done and dusted, if only UK parliament would have simply agreed with the deal when it came for a vote. But no, there had to be an issue with something. It was the backstop, yet it could have been something else. Backstop was a trendy name, so it was used. 

Simply agreed with the deal? It's not a deal, it's a joke. 

9 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

By coincidence I've just come across this article that appears to confirm exactly what you say.

The BBC was under fire today after accidentally showing the Breakfast sofa being hosed down and disinfected following an appearance from Mark Francois.

Francois appeared at 7.50 to shout nonsense at presenter Louise Minchin. Following the interview, the Weather was announced, but instead of cutting to Carol Kirkwood, the camera cut to several people in protective suits dousing the sofa in disinfectant before hosing it down.The BBC has apologised, but also claimed that disinfecting furniture was standard practice after Mark Francois had been sitting on it.

“Obviously, the last thing we want to do is cause Mr Francois embarrassment,” said a spokesperson for the corporation. “But, the fact is that Mr Francois can leave…detritus… if he has been in one place for too long.” Although the spokesperson was unwilling to elaborate, it is understood that the detritus to which he referred includes flecks of spittle, gravy, some turds and foaming, hate-filled bile.

“We had Dame Judi Dench on afterwards, and so it was important that the sofa was fully decontaminated from Mr Francois’…leavings… because, well, she’s a Dame, and she can’t be expected to put up with all that.”    article in Newsthump.

sofa.png

I want to be a BBC sofa in my next life.

• Haha 1