1 year Ed visa?

I don’t get it, the school said they will give me a 90 day visa and then if I study then they will extend it to a 1 year visa...

what does it mean?  first of all i’ll Get a 90day visa and then i’ll have 2 go to the immigration office to get another 90 day visa? And then another 90? Or just 90 and then another 1 year visa?

wait, four 90 day visas =360days then what about the other 4

><. Someone explain this to me!

plus, some lessons aren’t 12 months long (8-10 months) then why are they giving 1 yr visas?

The school will not give you a visa of any kind. They will give you the paperwork to to apply for a single entry non-ed visa that will allow one 90 day entry. Then you will apply for a extension of stay during the last 30 days of that 90 day entry with new supporting document from the school. The length of the extension will depend upon whether it is informal or formal school.

For a informal school (for example a language school) the extensions will be for 90 days up to a total stay of one year that includes the 90 day entry from the non-ed visa. After a year you must get a new non-ed visa to continue your studies.

For a formal school such as a university the extensions will be for one year. At the end of each extension you could apply for another one year extension without needing a new visa.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The school will not give you a visa of any kind. They will give you the paperwork to to apply for a single entry non-ed visa that will allow one 90 day entry. Then you will apply for a extension of stay during the last 30 days of that 90 day entry with new supporting document from the school. The length of the extension will depend upon whether it is informal or formal school.

For a informal school (for example a language school) the extensions will be for 90 days up to a total stay of one year that includes the 90 day entry from the non-ed visa. After a year you must get a new non-ed visa to continue your studies.

For a formal school such as a university the extensions will be for one year. At the end of each extension you could apply for another one year extension without needing a new visa.

Ok, so better choose a university haha 

really? A uni told me they will give me a 90day visa (oct-dec) and then if I study then I will get a 1 year visa? That means my visa ends in January 2021?  

Just now, Lemonlime said:

A uni told me they will give me a 90day visa (oct-dec) and then if I study then I will get a 1 year visa? That means my visa ends in January 2021?  

You need to realize that the university will not issue the visa. You will likely have to leave the country to apply for it at a embassy or consulate.

Between the 90 day entry from the non-ed visa and then a one year extension issued by immigration you will get a total stay of about 15 months.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to realize that the university will not issue the visa. You will likely have to leave the country to apply for it at a embassy or consulate.

Between the 90 day entry from the non-ed visa and then a one year extension issued by immigration you will get a total stay of about 15 months.

Ah, great (I hope I can get married by then haha haha) so sad that uni staff’s English is bad so it took me quite a while to get everything clear 

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Some websites said to the immigration office but some said to go to another country (Laos for udon Thani) I don’t get it which one is right? 

6 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

Some websites said to the immigration office but some said to go to another country (Laos for udon Thani) I don’t get it which one is right? 

Outside for first visa issue, then immigration for extension.

3 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

It depends upon the schools qualifications and the office where you apply for a change of visa status to get the 90 day non immigrant visa (category ED) entry. Some offices may not do them.

The general requirements for the visa application at immigration is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_74  (note the error in title thats says non-b which should be non-ed)