Taking GF to UK for 2 weeks

I've been reading up on this and am a little confused as to the best way to apply for a UK visitor visa without being refused.

We've been together and living with each other for 2 years, we've had holidays within Thailand, including one where my parents met her.

We will both fly together and return back to Thailand after 2 weeks. She works for a bank and will be using 10-days of annual leave. I'm hoping her job and owning a house are good enough reasons to return.

My parents said they will support all of our trip including paying for our flights and staying at their house. 

Main question is, as my parents will be supporting the whole trip, does this require a sponsor letter from myself or my parents, or both?

Any additional tips about evidence to provide in these circumstances? Thanks

If you are living together here in Thailand then you’re halfway there, you should provide evidence of your status here and provide a short letter outlining it all, as well as your plans for the trip.
If your parents are supporting your girlfriend throughout her trip, they should also provide a note.
If the sponsorship is just accommodation then all they need to do is confirm just that, if they’re providing financial support they need to provide evidence of affordability.
Your girlfriend will need to provide proof of her employment together with a note from the bank confirming her leave of absence. If the bank write in English, and the UKVI call they will expect to communicate in English, if they write in Thai it will need to be translated.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Thanks 1

what's the best way of proving a 2-year relationship?

social media isn't an option as i'm not on facebook. most of our conversations on Line have been erased from changing phones and phone numbers

we have plenty of timestapped photos though which would prove everything, but i've read that photos arn't accepted

we both work in the same area so wonder if providing my work contract would help..

1 hour ago, clarky cat said:

what's the best way of proving a 2-year relationship?

Utility bills, preferably in joint names but if individual then your residential address will obviously marry up over the two year period.

Indeed the UKVI advise not to send photos, but some still claim to do so.

You say you’ve been living together for two years, do you have joint lease, do you both have bills sent to your address.

I’ve already said that you should provide details of your stays, that includes immigration, employment and living.

Social media and other contacts is usually used by couples in distant relationships.

It’s really for you and your partner to think how you can demonstrate that you are both in a subsisting relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

59 minutes ago, rasg said:

Have you taken flights and stayed in hotels together? If you have the bookings they should be included too.

flight bookings are about the only evidence we have if photos can't be used

hotels are always booked under my name, as are the apartments we've stayed in

we don't intend on going until next March so I guess I could start putting her name on the rental agreements 

1 minute ago, theoldgit said:

And any official type mail, Government, Bank statements etc to your joint address.

Better late than never if the worst comes to the worst.

The flight receipts are a good start but, let's be honest, very scant evidence if that's all the OP can conjure up at present.  

Not being horrible but just so the OP is aware in case of disappointment.  

If the trip is next for next March there's plenty of time make more of an 'imprint' (ie the rental agreement / bills)... also a good excuse for a few hotel trips away under joint names ????

The very first time I applied for my (then girlfriend) we were refused as we hadn't provided enough evidence to support the relationship.  Next attempt we had photo albums going back 3 years and a stack full of printed emails.  That was some years back though and I understand photos are not recommended

As your living in Thailand are you working there as well? You can include photos of your work permit the same as what I did when I helped my Thai gf do her first UK visit visa.

It sounds like you should be ok because she is working and owns her own house, what's her bank account like, if her salary is going in there then that's also a big tick. If it was me, I'd write two covering letters one from you explaining your the boyfriend and your parents have invited you both to the UK. And another letter from your parents being the sponsor explaining what they will pay for (flights, accommodation and food?) they should include the estimate of these costs as she will need to include them in the application. 

Your gf should also expect a telephone interview from UK Visa, they have Thai speaking reps as well. 

My last bit of advice is don't use an agent, let your girlfriend fill in the application with your english support. It's not difficult!

• Like 1

I have always supplied photos apart from my wife's recent second FLR application. It seemed crazy that photos weren't needed around the time my wife applied for her settlement visa and we’d just got married. A wedding photo of 50+ people seemed like a good thing to add imho. I just put 9 images up on 3 or 4 A4 sheets with the location and date under each photo.

I've been reading up on this and am a little confused as to the best way to apply for a UK visitor visa without being refused.

We've been together and living with each other for 2 years, we've had holidays within Thailand, including one where my parents met her.

We will both fly together and return back to Thailand after 2 weeks. She works for a bank and will be using 10-days of annual leave. I'm hoping her job and owning a house are good enough reasons to return.

My parents said they will support all of our trip including paying for our flights and staying at their house. 

Main question is, as my parents will be supporting the whole trip, does this require a sponsor letter from myself or my parents, or both?

Any additional tips about evidence to provide in these circumstances? Thanks

My gf has just applied for a tourist visa for the UK and was successful
Here is a list of the documents we provided
1: letter of invitation from family in the UK stating the would be providing accommodation and food during her stay
2: letter from my employer confirming my position and salary
3: 3 months payslips (mine)
4: 3 months bank statements (mine)
5: Rental contract in both names for the house we rent
Items 3 and 4 confirm I can afford to support her during our trip
My gf doesn’t work and has no income as she looks after our home and young son so we stayed this fact in the application and described har as a “homemaker”
We did not submit photos or any other type of “evidence” to confirm our relationship
In fact the government website lists exactly what documents you should submit and what you shouldn’t.
Good Luck with the application

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Celer et Audax said:

My gf doesn’t work and has no income as she looks after our home and young son so we stayed this fact in the application and described har as a “homemaker”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nice to know, I'm probably going to apply for my wife next year and was thinking if I put housewife down for my wife it might be a problem.