Land crossings after a flight out?

Hello everyone,

I have already used my two land border crossings for this calendar year, however for the last month, I have been living back in Australia. 

When I return to Thailand, will I be able to do two more land border crossings (in this calender year), now that i've left the country via plane, or can I stay only my 30 or 60 days (+extension).

Think to get sound advice re plans to reenter from oz your history may count. Its only early may and you used 2 border entries already and been back in au. What about 2018. Only a guess but did you fly in from oz VE .... Have you had extensions. All this will help advise best way to come back to los. With your border entries done, perhaps METV might suit. However again depends on history of being in Thailand.

Yeah I was in Thailand pretty much from October 2018 through to April 2019. I flew in, got the visa on arrival, and then used all of my extensions and border runs.

I'm now going to apply for the Multi-Entry Visa at the embassy here. 

I know that on this visa I have to leave every 60 days, so do these exits need to be via air or is land ok in this instance.

Thank you everyone for the answers, very helpful. 

17 minutes ago, HelloJo said:

Yeah I was in Thailand pretty much from October 2018 through to April 2019. I flew in, got the visa on arrival, and then used all of my extensions and border runs.

I'm now going to apply for the Multi-Entry Visa at the embassy here. 

I know that on this visa I have to leave every 60 days, so do these exits need to be via air or is land ok in this instance.

Thank you everyone for the answers, very helpful. 

Land is OK. The 2 entries by border per year is visa exempt entries. Keep in mind even with a visa you can be refused entry at airport. If it appears your living in los on tourist visas. Having spent month in au is good.

Safest, for now, is to use tourist visas and enter by land. There is no limitation on entry by land as long as you have a visa. [Avoid, at all costs, trying to enter by land at Poipet/Aranyaprathet though.]

• Like 1