Vietnam Era US Serviceman and Amer Thai child

Im presently helping a Thai man search for his US Serviceman father and a younger sister.  He only knew last name and possible rank of father and location.  Col or Commander Jackson, 1st Airborne Division, Nakorn Ratchasima Thailand. Served 1971-72.  Thong was born there in 1973, sister is younger, I dont have her name.  

My question is, what would a US serviceman need to get VISA for his Amer Thai child(daughter) to bring her back to the US.  I know Thailand has birth certificate and house card and National ID card.  Would any immigration documents exist from the mid to late 1970's to help identify his father last name Jackson.  I don't know what the US military has but she would have to have paperwork to come thru Immigration/Customs in the US.  Thong thought the father was from NY.  His DNA results are strongly matching Alabama, some New York and California.  I have contacted a high match but not everyone knows their family.  If I can help him the local monk and I are going to maybe do another one.

There is a website dedicated to trying to match together people from both sides, but they aren't using DNA and I haven't asked the paperwork question yet.  It's a former US Serviceman living in Thailand running it.

I researched a little more about the history of Korat Air Base and it's Camp Friendship US Army usage too.  I didn't know much of Thailand's Vietnam War involvement until I took on this family find.

kapunkap

patch 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lot of questions.

Was the Father even on the birth certificates?

Without that I sincerely doubt even if you could locate this fella it would do much to enable him to bring adult children to the US.

Also, you have to ask yourself, if he has made no contact, in over 47 years, I'd doubt he has any interest in making contact with them now, let alone petitioning (if that was even possible which I doubt) for a green card.

Sorry to be a bit negative, but this seems a pretty improbable situation

• Like 1

There are likely 10s of thousands of war babies without fathers scattered throughout Asia...

Come to think of it...there are 10s of thousands of Thai children without fathers as the father has moved on with his new younger wife and left the responsibility to the mother and her family...

You have a lot of work ahead...

• Like 1