Thai marriage hazards

robint

I noticed this topic was started elsewhere and was shut down rather suddenly.  Its such an important issue I really feel it should be a sticky

Let me summarise my position in a word DONT

As a flang you have no legal rights worth a damn

It doesnt confer you any special extra rights to residency

WARNING

You become jointly responsible for your wife's debts

Dont imagine you can argue your way out of responsibility sayiing you didnt know  when the debt collector heavies come for you to break your legs (&(**&%

What you may not realise is that when your duckling gets a marriage doc with your name on it, suddenly her credit rating goes through the roof aand you wonder where she got the ability to buy a new 1mill bhat pickup on tick

It doesnt stop there, the more she borrows the more she can borrow, new tractor, excavator 3mill, 10 wheel truck transporter 3 mill - out of control

I got my grab bag and left PDQ on pretext of a visa run.  I darent go back cos I dont know what is waiting for me

TRUE story  (one of many I could tell)

A swiss guy was involved with a local woman and he decided to settle down and build a 6 room villa off the highway (B3mIll), he then got involved with the CP (Chicken People scam), bought some more land and built a chicken farm B3mill).  Madam got bored with this and didnt look after it, the chicks all died of bird flu - very common every year.  So she took the car he bought her(B1.5mill) and went off to Poipet gambling weekends.  She ran up debts (B3Mill) and returned and Swiss man ws surprised to see heavies at his door demanding money with interest.  He had to pay up  Then He built her a classy  roadside Sala style restaurant with garden filled with exotic plants  B5mill).  She got bored with this because canny thais wouldnt pay her prices and locals hated her anyway. So she got bored and went gambling again Yup (B3mill) debt again  = £60,000.  Hubby came back from Swiss visa run to be confronted by heavies again - he had to pay up.  Very shortly after he disappeared - presumably back home and lst I heard all propertied were rapidly over grown with tamarind trees

GUYS this is 100% true

changnoi

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1