Cleaner

stuandchris

On a more mundane note after the thread on Phuket being c**p, not something I subscribe to, I find it the most wonderful place.

Could someone give me a guide on how much to pay for a cleaner for a house on 2 half days a week?

I don't want to be mean but I don't want to be ripped off either.

Ta

Stu [happy to be coming to Phuket in April for good]

On a more mundane note after the thread on Phuket being c**p, not something I subscribe to, I find it the most wonderful place.

Could someone give me a guide on how much to pay for a cleaner for a house on 2 half days a week?

I don't want to be mean but I don't want to be ripped off either.

Ta

Stu [happy to be coming to Phuket in April for good]

1000 -1500 bht per month

I pay mine 100 baht an hour as I think that is fair in relation to the job.

so on your 2 half days a week @ 4 hours a day, you could look at about 3,200 Baht per month.

I personally think 1000 - 1500 per month is a little cheap, as this is a person who works in your home. You are paying for loyalty, security and the cleaning, you wont get that if you pay peanuts IMHO.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

I know it's apples and oranges, but the beach side hotel I stayed at in January, pays the room maid 4,500 pm.

For this she cleans around 20 rooms on a long working day, six days a week.

She appreciated my tip so much she kept me supplied with baskets of fruit for the remainder of my stay.

I pay mine 100 baht an hour as I think that is fair in relation to the job.

so on your 2 half days a week @ 4 hours a day, you could look at about 3,200 Baht per month.

I personally think 1000 - 1500 per month is a little cheap, as this is a person who works in your home. You are paying for loyalty, security and the cleaning, you wont get that if you pay peanuts IMHO.

If you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

6000 to 8000 a month for this kind of work ie laundry. cleaning etc is a very good full time ( 60+ hrs) wage wage in Phuket your 100 an hour is 24000 per month this is serious money No wonder your monkeys like the the peanuts :o

:D

well guys she only comes three times a week for 3 hours a day, so it isnt a full time job and she happens to do a great job and nothing gets stolen. :o

Thats the other side of all this, you have trust and friendship :D

well guys she only comes three times a week for 3 hours a day, so it isnt a full time job and she happens to do a great job and nothing gets stolen. :o

yeah, youll learn that 1000-1500 baht a month doesnt buy either.

Mine comes in 1 day a week for a couple of hours and I pay 250 a visit (roughly 1000 month) she's good and fast and trustworthy. You cannot compare a FT job with a parttime gig .... as you aren't going to be paying sick days ... etc

I used to have someone 3k per month doing 2x a week.. It was a sort of half day (start late morning until early afternoon) but she didnt time it in a way she could work the other half a day..

When I no longer used that cleaner I went through a range of 3 or 4 to do the same and couldnt get any to do it even after gradually sliding up to 4k a month..

I was surprised myself but after a few months of not getting them or not having them turn up I found I could do without and it wasnt worth more than 4k to keep looking.

Of course this was in Patong (tho many of the cleaners were not) and was for a large place so the expectations may have been a factor.

yeah, youll learn that 1000-1500 baht a month doesnt buy either.

Yes I understand what you say but in many cases neither does 100 baht an hour as the Thais say its up too you !