Honda Click - Turn Ignition twice to start

I bought a 2009 Honda Click Forward and the first time I try to start it, it will not turn over. Doesn't matter if its hot or cold. However if i turn off the ignition and then back on, it fires right up.

I hear the fuel pump working, but I don't know why it does this?  I haven't found much info on these bikes in English.

I don't know much about motorbikes and I'm new to Thailand. 

Appreciate any help.

i have a 2008. was hard starting. adjusted the valves cleaned up the intake manifold ans sensors.

also on mine heres what i do also. turn on key. immediately pull one brake lever and push start button. keep holding button. its takes a moment before it clears it diagnostic or whatever it does those first few seconds until the button will actually turn motor over even your pushing it on.

It starts right up then. 

if i turn key on and wait to push start it doesnt always start first time or second or third.

i have to turn off key again and do the above.

i thought it might be fuel pump pressure but i dont know.

it works the way i described on my bike anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2019 at 7:31 PM, INDI12 said:

i have a 2008. was hard starting. adjusted the valves cleaned up the intake manifold ans sensors.

also on mine heres what i do also. turn on key. immediately pull one brake lever and push start button. keep holding button. its takes a moment before it clears it diagnostic or whatever it does those first few seconds until the button will actually turn motor over even your pushing it on.

It starts right up then. 

if i turn key on and wait to push start it doesnt always start first time or second or third.

i have to turn off key again and do the above.

i thought it might be fuel pump pressure but i dont know.

it works the way i described on my bike anyway.

This seems to be my case as well.  Mine is a 2008.  I don't know how to clean the valves, manifold and sensors, but yeah its working alright.  Thank you.

Archived