Leaving assets to nephew in UK

gamini

My wife and I are both very old and wish to leave all our assets, properties and bank accounts to my nephew in the Uk. Everything including our  cars are in my wife's name. My nephew has a job and could not come here for more than two or three weeks in the event of our demise. We have a Thai adopted daughter who is mentally retarded and would not have the slightest idea what to do. So my nephew would have to make provision for her. As a Thai she can inherit the property .  We have made out a proper will. We have had very bad experiences with lawyers here have lost millions of baht. But I feel there is nothing much we can do without a lawyer. So can anybody on this forum recommend an honest lawyer in the Hua Hin area who could handle this problem

Try  LegalServicesHuaHin who are based at 1 of the Units at Makro

I have dealt with David who is English since I have lived here (over 13 years) and although they are not cheap you will get good service

Their consultations are free so you have nothing to lose

I have actually spoke with David about the same topic before so I'm pretty sure they can do what you want

You can google them or if you want Davids number you can PM me

• 3 weeks later...

As I understand matters you can transfer money out of Thailand if you can prove you moved it into Thailand.

Your nephew would have problems moving any money left to him. I advise you contact a lawyer over the matter.

john

Archived