Videos: Motorcyclist in lucky escape as car hits barrier

webfact

Videos: Motorcyclist in lucky escape as car hits barrier

4pm.jpg

Cap: Unexpected......encountered vehicles jostling on the road

Videos from a dash cam and a rear cam showed differing views of what Daily News said was a kind of jousting match between two white cars  - a Mazda and a Yaris. 

Finally after cutting in front of the other car one ends up hitting the center barrier and narrowly avoids killing a motorcyclist innocently riding on the far left. 

The motorcyclist is flung from his bike as the car smashes into the roadside barrier. 

The footage was posted by Kati Angel and was taken from a winding road in Chiang Mai on Friday evening.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-20

• Haha 2

There is no proper driver training in Thailand with no Realtime testing in traffic in order to obtain their license like in most western countries and this is why most Thai don't even hold a license .

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How is this even possible??? the Mazda 2 crashed for no reason whatsoever !!! 

Its either a front right blowout or simply terrible, most awful driving of grade A1 fuckwittery... 

Of note is that both the Cam-car and a pickup stopped (I'm assuming to get out and help). 

Or as most do on their phone watching something or texting .

3 minutes ago, keith101 said:

There is no proper driver training in Thailand with no Realtime testing in traffic in order to obtain their license

That's because it would be solved by handing over an envelope.

I got hit by an airborne CBR 150 when driving in my pick up with wifey.

This poor bloke gets hit by a car on his motorbike. Unbelievable.

TLAV= The Land of Airborne Vehicles.

Nothing else matters. 

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

How is this even possible??? the small white car crashed for no reason whatsoever !!! 

Its either a front right blowout or simply terrible, most awful driving of grade A1 fuckwittery... 

Of note is that both the Cam-car and a pickup stopped (I'm assuming to get out and help). 

The biggest problem in my eyes is that they can reproduce! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

So what upset the Yaris driver?

Did the other car have the gall to over take him?

Pull into his lane?

Simply exist within his ego god zone? 

Looks to me like he hogs the fast lane, gets undertaken and aggressively pulled in front of and gets upset as you say. Looks like the canal road going into CM from the south - a fast road with strangely tight bends.

So many incidents here start with people not driving in the left-most lane unless overtaking.

2 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Safe road use depends on two simple things. First is obeying a few obvious rules. The other is realising you have to share the roads with others. Thais obviously have an awful problem with both these things and are determined to show they are different, better and unbounded by restrictions.

"Thais obviously have an awful problem with both these things..."

What was the outcome of your investigation into the nationalities of the drivers in this incident, then?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

There is no proper driver training in Thailand with no Realtime testing in traffic in order to obtain their license like in most western countries and this is why most Thai don't even hold a license .

"...this is why most Thai don't even hold a license".

Most Thais?  Says who?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DonDoRondo said:

It will always be dangerous to drive here until the police start using cruisers to pull 

people over for bad driving......easier to set up a road block and harass scooter riders.                                               

"...until the police start using cruisers to pull people over...".

Local police stations are not provided with enough budget by the government to do that, don't blame the police.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"...until the police start using cruisers to pull people over...".

Local police stations are not provided with enough budget by the government to do that, don't blame the police.

But they do for submarines that are not needed....

Anyhooo, where are the paid BiB .......What do they do all day....?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

How is this even possible??? the small white car crashed for no reason whatsoever !!! 

It looks like the steering wheel Axe is defected. It happen to me the car go right or side left and the steering wheel move but without contact with the wheel

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Most Thais?  Says who?

Considering the way they drive or park, how could they earn a license? They drive like they don't have them, or much of anything for that "matter"

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Most Thais?  Says who?

I would guess about 30% of Thais driving don't have a driver's license.  My wife's father drives a beat up old pickup for his work. He's never had a license and has been driving 40+ years without one. This is very common outside of Bangkok. He had the nerve to try and drive our car but I wouldn't let him for insurance reasons. 

• Thanks 1