Arnold Schwarzenegger 'not pressing charges' after drop-kick attack

snoop1130

Arnold Schwarzenegger 'not pressing charges' after drop-kick attack

by Andrew Pulver

4000.jpg

‘I hope gets his life on the right track,’ said Arnold Schwarzenegger of his assailant. Photograph: Michele Spatari/AFP/Getty Images

Arnold Schwarzenegger has confirmed he will not be taking legal action after he was attacked at a sports event in South Africa.

Schwarzenegger, 71, responded to concerns for his wellbeing by posting a message on social media: “A lot of you have asked, but I’m not pressing charges. I hope this was a wake-up call, and [the attacker] gets his life on the right track.”

The actor and former governor of California was filming participants on his mobile phone at the Arnold Classic Africa sports festival in Johannesburg when a bystander launched a drop-kick at his back.

In an earlier post Schwarzenegger had said that he was initially unaware he had been kicked, and thought he had “just [been] jostled by the crowd”. His attacker was quickly subdued by security personnel.

Full Story: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/20/arnold-schwarzenegger-not-pressing-charges-drop-kick-attack

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Security personnel was useless, the guy was behaving like an idiot just before the attack. Should have shielded him earlier. 

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Security personnel was useless, the guy was behaving like an idiot just before the attack. Should have shielded him earlier. 

He probably is an idiot, thus the behavior. 

10 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Should have, could have, would have. I'm not a security expert and wasn't there. Glad he was not injured.

• Like 1

I'd say the assailant was either mentally unstable or high on something... or both. He behaviour looked rather erratic leading up to the assault. Arnold did the right thing. He's as strong of heart as he is of physical strength it would seem (and he's 71). No years of sitting on Pattaya bar stools for him ????