Transferring Line account MBA->iPhone Xs

BusyB

Can someone advise me here please.

I remember a thread recently about transferring a Line account between mobile phones/laptops without losing the entire history and all that that entails (chats with friends, fotos, vdos etc). Actually a lot of personal and friendship history that I don’t want to lose.

Unfortunately that post didn’t help me with my requirement.

That is: how can I transfer my Line account, which is on my Mac Book Air (mid 2012 model, 10.13.6 High Sierra OS) but registered on the MBA with my mobile phone number, to my iPhone Xs?

I’ve tried before to move to a mobile phone but Line won’t let me operate 2 mobile devices with the same number (makes sense).

But I don’t want to delete the old account for the reasons outlined above. And I don’t want to change my mobile number for a myriad of reasons.

That has now become a live matter: I’ll be traveling again soon and don’t want to cart the MBA around with me but do want to stay in contact with people on Line (with the Xs hopefully).

I have no idea where to start.

Any solutions please?

Thanks in advance

Busybee

After watching my post languish for a few days I found myself at my desk with nothing else to do on Friday.

So I called up the Line website and poked around a bit, and poked around my account a bit. And plenty didn’t seem to match up or seem very clear. And I poked around for a while longer. Found some unpleasant info like Fotos older than 30 days no longer available so not albummable and so on.

But gradually, with time, I came up with the following:

Changed my MBA login to email login

Downloaded the Line app onto my Xs

Used my phone number to log on to that

Followed the instructions

I then had access to my Line account on my phone.

I also discovered that the history on my MBA has not only not been disabled/wiped, but it now works in parallel with my phone. However my iPhone's Line history only begins yesterday. 

I don’t know if all the above is necessary, I’m just posting what I did that worked.

It may just help someone who is as baffled as I was a couple of days ago.

Archived