indian Visa-needs to show return flight.

Is this through the eVisa application process?

I applied last year for an EVisa to India and don't recall needing to show any air ticket in the application process, which went very smoothly.

The evisa is only for a short visit.I'm applying  for a tourist visa

which is for 6 months.

Is there some way around paying for a return flight like the

travel agent selling you a return ticket and refunding  you when you get the visa.

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, chiangrai said:

I'm Irish......I want to stay 6 months at least...............

E visa is good for one year and for Irish nationals you can stay 90 continuous days then you have to leave, Nepal for example, but can re enter for another 90 days but not sure if you can do it a third time. What's the terms on a paper visa?

The requirement is, I think, technically there, but the application is sort of like Thai Immigration offices - sometimes they insist, sometimes they don't. As someone else offered, easy enough to buy a ticket and cancel later on. If you go down this way, cancel it after you're in-country, as this could come up on arrival as well (been there, done that).

2 hours ago, chiangrai said:

How about Thai travel agents,can they help.

If not what do you have to do if you buy a ticket online,do you just print it out or do they

post you a ticket.

You just buy a ticket online, a printable version will be sent to your mail. You don't have to, but easier if you carry the printed ticket with you as long as needed. Once in-country and past immigration, you may cancel the ticket. There's no need to bother with travel agents, really.

Archived