Family appeals for help with Korean hospital bills

webfact

Family appeals for help with Korean hospital bills 

By Seksanti Kallayanawisut 
The Nation

058b45d7d19de8ea211d0dc1fd56ee68.jpeg

Photo : Edd Zafeero Sriyotha's Facebook

The family of a Thai woman who worked illegally in South Korea is campaigning for donations after she fell into a coma following a dental operation.

The plight of Sanruethai Wansiri, 41, of Udon Thani, was publicised on Facebook by user "Edd Zafeero Sriyotha", who posted photos of her lying in bed.

She reportedly fell into a coma after a dental operation and has been on a respiratory system in intensive care since May 17 at great expense.

Chak Samutklin, a provincial labour official, visited her 68-year-old mother, Suwanmalai Wansiri, in Kudjab district. She purportedly said her daughter entered South Korea on a tourist visa and had since been working illegally.

She said she heard the news from her daughter’s South Korean boss. 

“Wansiri’s husband is a taxi driver in Bangkok and they have two children, aged 11 and nine. She sent some money back home to help me pay the debts from her flight to Korea,” her mother said.

Suwanmalai expressed her sadness that her daughter was sick overseas and she could not visit. 

Chak said he would ask his superiors to see if help could be provided. 

“Everybody who wants to work in South Korea should go through the Labour Ministry’s project so that if they fall sick, their expenses can be covered,” he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30369839

thenation_logo.jpg

No need to be gleeful or express schadenfreude because of what has happened to this desperate woman and her family. Frankly, I hope the Koreans treat her with some mercy and humanity and she gets back to her family.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She reportedly fell into a coma after a dental operation

I hope this is what really happened, given the situation there could be a very nasty truth to this story. 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

She sent some money back home to help me pay the debts from her flight to Korea,

I wonder just how much they pay for those flights, a quick search gives me 6000 baht. The minimum wage in SK is roughly 200baht/hour so it should not be so hard to pay it back. What kind of scam are they getting themselves into ?

And probably the dental work was cosmetic rather than actually needed. Working illegally and no shame about telling everyone, wheres the face????? And we all know what kind if job she was probably doing, maybe that's why she needed her teeth straightened.

Poor woman. What's even sadder and more lamentable are the crass and compassionless remarks posted about this story. But hey, as long as it isn't you or someone in your close family why should anyone care?

1 hour ago, yokat said:

I hope this is what really happened, given the situation there could be a very nasty truth to this story. 

I wonder just how much they pay for those flights, a quick search gives me 6000 baht. The minimum wage in SK is roughly 200baht/hour so it should not be so hard to pay it back. What kind of scam are they getting themselves into ?

between 40 to 60,000 baht for people to "arrange" flights and a job

58 minutes ago, baansgr said:

And probably the dental work was cosmetic rather than actually needed. Working illegally and no shame about telling everyone, wheres the face????? And we all know what kind if job she was probably doing, maybe that's why she needed her teeth straightened.

No, at 41 years old, what sort of Job was she doing?...  All Thai women are hookers, right? :coffee1:

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

And what does it matter what job she was doing ? She is in a coma. Or perhaps the puritanical hypocrites amongst us either don't care or consider for some reason she deserves to be in a coma.

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

????

Do pray tell what job she was doing.

I would surmise that, like 95% of her fellow countrywomen, she was either doing farm or factory work.

4 hours ago, legend49 said:

forget the working illegal thats natural for Thais O/S. Didnt she have medical insurance?

4 hours ago, justin case said:

what no medical insurance ???? woehahaha

they should check all thais abroad for health insurance and FORCE them into expensive premiums

You guys are so funny.

Hilarious even.

Or just racist, misogynistic  scumbags with very poor taste.

17 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

between 40 to 60,000 baht for people to "arrange" flights and a job

And when they get scammed, even higher than this.

I know of one couple that spent 240k to get to a farm out there.

Where their passports were promptly confiscated.

And they ran away to another district where they have a kind boss, good, clean, warm accommodation and earn decent money. But still, without their passports.

Meanwhile TV posters make jokes about peoples lives on here.

22 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And what does it matter what job she was doing ? She is in a coma. Or perhaps the puritanical hypocrites amongst us either don't care or consider for some reason she deserves to be in a coma.

And these "puritans" will be out on the town tonight banging hookers!

:cheesy:

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Everybody who wants to work in South Korea should go through the Labour Ministry’s project so that if they fall sick, their expenses can be covered

Why didn't she do that.......?

23 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Why didn't she do that.......?

What?

Like the other minimum 140,000 that did'nt?

There is a reason one hundred and forty thousand Thais are illegal migrant workers in South Korea.

Excluding the Viet, Khmer and Laos illegal migrant workers working there in the farms & factories.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

Why should we care? 

If a Nasty Farang working illegally and without insurance in Thailand fell to the same fate, would the Thai forums be pouring out their hearts to us?

I don't wish a coma on anyone -- even my enemies, generally -- but I can't be bothered to care about people who despise us.

The very best they get from me is -- indifference.

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Got 3 relatives working there, none have health insurance and the Mrs will not get it when travelling, seems to be against Thai culture.

Very true,

Money number one, and don't care.

Two of the conner stones, of Thai culture.

Archived