Need Help Finding Thai CPA for New Limited Company

Hi all,

I am part of a lean startup, which is a small food manufacturing business for export only, and we will probably only have 50-100 journal entries for the first partial year tax return. Our company will only have about 4 employees. I was quoted at over 40,000 baht for the audit and 20,000 baht a month to submit monthly reports, which I imagine will likely be very similar from month to month. I have heard somewhere that auditors won't do your audit unless you have a Thai CPA do your bookkeeping. I have both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Accounting from a top accounting program in the US, so I think I can handle basic accounting and I don't imagine that basic accounting differs too much from one country to the next. We're not really in a position to drop 300,000 baht a year for something that won't take much time and most of which I could do myself with the help of a Thai who knows a smattering of English.

1) Does anyone know a CPA who will do a tiny audit for a more reasonable price and who will let me do the bookkeeping and submit monthly reports myself? If I could hire them as a consultant to know definitively what reports I need to file, that would be great too.

Thanks in advance for your help and comments! 

Edited by tsk3009