800k for 3 months after application

Heading into June so a few months passed since the new financial requirements went into force.

Has anyone any first hand knowledge as to if immigration are checking bank books during 90 day reports or has anyone had to go back to immigration to show a balance after 3 months?

Thanks.

Some offices have given dates for people to return to show money in bank, some offices have not required people to return at all until next renewal

Absolutely no continuity from office to office. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Jomtien is the only office who is checking bankbook after 90-day? CW is not doing any checks. We would know the situation next year during renewal. If I get an agent, I bet in Jomtien also they don't check bank book. Can someone verify that Jomtien does not check for agent submitted application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, sfokevin said:

So when someone renews in yet another years time will they be required to show a bank statement or bank book detailing the balance for the 800k or 400k minimum over the past year?

Nobody knows for sure, then there is the added contradiction that it will vary from office to office. For sure they will need to show 800k seasoned for 2 months, 3 at some offices. It would be unwise to arrive for a renewal exhibiting the fact that you did not meet last years requirements! Stand by for more details from March 2020 onwards. 

I had my extension to stay based on Retirement with 800k in the bank renewed last week at Ratchaburi immigration, they have given me a date to return in 3 months with my updated bank book and another letter from my bank. This does not coincide with my 90 day reporting date, luckily for me the office is local.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, onera1961 said:

So, Jomtien is the only office who is checking bankbook after 90-day? CW is not doing any checks. We would know the situation next year during renewal. If I get an agent, I bet in Jomtien also they don't check bank book. Can someone verify that Jomtien does not check for agent submitted application.

They dont

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mkmike said:

I had my extension to stay based on Retirement with 800k in the bank renewed last week at Ratchaburi immigration, they have given me a date to return in 3 months with my updated bank book and another letter from my bank. This does not coincide with my 90 day reporting date, luckily for me the office is local.

Ditto.

Same office.

In my case, 90 day report co-incides.

Having to return after 90 days to confirm that the bank balance is still legit also means that the work permit (if you have one) will only be renewed for 90 days, and then once qualified, for the remainder of the year. This results in more expense, more paper shuffling, and more visits to the labor office. This is normal if you have a married type 'O' visa.

Edited by revup

12 minutes ago, revup said:

Having to return after 90 days to confirm that the bank balance is still legit also means that the work permit (if you have one) will only be renewed for 90 days, and then once qualified, for the remainder of the year.

I don't think anybody would have a work permit that are on extension based upon retirement.

The 3 months after the date application is only for those extensions not for those based upon marriage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, revup said:

Having to return after 90 days to confirm that the bank balance is still legit also means that the work permit (if you have one) will only be renewed for 90 days, and then once qualified, for the remainder of the year. This results in more expense, more paper shuffling, and more visits to the labor office. This is normal if you have a married type 'O' visa.

Always had a multi 0 ( 90 day then out/in ) and all my WP's were issued valid for a year.

18 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Yes, my agent told me I can now repatriate my 800,000. And before the self righteous brigade start on the evils of agents, despite having the money seasoned and plenty of time left on tourist visa, couldn't get non imm because I'm renting from a foreigner. She insisted on seeing his work permit. Some of us are trying to do it legit but come up against obstructive beurocracy

19 minutes ago, Kevbo said:

Yes, my agent told me I can now repatriate my 800,000. And before the self righteous brigade start on the evils of agents, despite having the money seasoned and plenty of time left on tourist visa, couldn't get non imm because I'm renting from a foreigner. She insisted on seeing his work permit. Some of us are trying to do it legit but come up against obstructive beurocracy

Check into a hotel/guesthouse for a week and use their address.

Surprised your agent didn't suggest that, or sign you up as living with him/her.

I was given an appointment to show my updated passbook 90 days after my extension to stay was issued. ( Not to be confused with the 90 day check in). Have to return with updated bank book.

If your out of the country on said date they advised OK to go in as soon as you return. This was from Jomtien immigration.

• Like 1

Did my ret extension 3rd week of March (Korat).  The I/O told me verbally about the 800k 3 month after hold, but didn't give me a separate date to return for follow up.  Nor was there any mention of it added onto the usual 90-day report reminder slip they staple into the passport.  That was 2 months ago, could have changed by now.

I/O did say bank balance could be checked but didn't specifically say it would be.  Also didn't say I HAD to bring my bank book to the first 90-day report visit.   Not going to be in-country anyway, but if I was, would definitely update and bring the bank book just in case.  The potential for a Left Hand-Right Hand SNAFU between the main office and 90-day report staff, is strong on this one.

2 hours ago, offset said:

I would guess that when you go and show your 800000 in the bank they might give you another date to show your bankbook with 400000

So with 90 day reports, initial application and showing book twice will make minimum 6 visits over a 12 month period.....madness, total BS

• Like 1

I just applied this year for Marageb visa but the top guy in the Khon Kaen office said he will,do a 12 month retirement as it is easyer to get but need 800k not the 400k. I got it on 19 April. He said I cannot tourch any of the 800k. Never told me how long for.

ibwent back the other day and very friendly lady Sarg Major seen me. I had 900k in the account I asked if I could take 100k out she said yes.

am still not sure but she said after the 2nd 90 day stamp I could only take out 400k. And next your top it up to 800k 3 months before new application.

so what happens if you just can't be arsed to trek all the way to immigration yet again to show you have the money still? In my case it's been in there for 14 years! Do they just fine you for not turning up. Might be a blessing if they refused you the next extension the way it's going. I assume the book has to be updated on the day,  and I expect some stroppy IO will want another Bank letter also.

Edited by Orton Rd