Soda Machine Cylinder Refill

kb481

Recently moved in from Singapore and been eyeing this website for a while to get information on all things Thai. 

Looking for a place to refill my Soda machine cylinders around in Bangkok. 

A bit of background: I tried contacting a prominent soda cylinder player in Bangkok and they require me to buy their own company's cylinder which would force me to let go of the two I already have. 

So hoping to find a place that can instead fill up the cylinders I already have.

Does anyone know where I could do that?

Thank you. 

The other option is to use Dry Ice, which I would only resort to if I cant find a company to refill it in the first place. 

We went to rama II AND THERE WAS A PLACE THAT HAD NEW CO2 cylinders next to the pretzel place 02-872-4283.  They wouldn't refill my old one,  so I had to buy one of theirs.   It was 900U,  exchanges are 300U.

Now I have 2 tanks,  so when this current one is empty,  I am going to get a kilo of dry ice and do both of them at one shot.

I wanted to do that initially,  but i CAN NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME GET THAT fitting off of the tank.    are they reverse threaded?

Thank you Gentlemen. Appreciate the quick response. 

Apologies I went for a impromptu trip to Phuket, therefore the absence. 

@samuttodd Honestly I havent tried this just yet. However, I havent tried it just yet. I found a shop that does dry ice in Sathorn area and was contemplating just buying it. Glad you mentioned the complication of trying to get fitting off. Wouldnt want to be sitting on a pile of dry ice without being able to open the cylinder. 

Will update on how it goes and post the quantity of dry ice that I used to fill up the tank. 

ok,  I was able to get the cylinder top off.    I filled it with 410grams of dry ice,  let it sit outside until the frost vanished from the cylinder,   and am now enjoying bubble water.

The regular full tank from the central rama II WAS ABOUT $25,  a cylinder exchange empty to full is @ $10,   and enough ice for 1 cylinder was @32U.

Even though we hurried straight back home to our place,  I lost about 1/2 of the ice due to evaporation.

So instead of being able to do 2 tanks with a kilogram, I was only able to do 1 and a partial.

The dry ice place is only about 5 minutes from home and they pack it in 1kg packs.    So it is much better than sitting in that terrible traffic along rama II.