About 100 Burmese teenagers with knives gather near Patong beach

webfact

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

61569477_388886061967845_869799077655189

About 100 Burmese teenagers armed with knives were gathered near Patong’s beach in Loma Park just after midnight (Monday).

A Facebook page “Baywatch team Patong & Patong development foundation” posted photos with a message reading “Just after midnight there were two parties including about 100 Burmese teenagers who gathered at Loma park with short knives and long knives. ”

“Baywatch team Patong and Patong development foundation, along with Patong Police, were chasing after them. Some of them were arrested, some fled the scene.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/about-100-burmese-teenagers-with-knives-gather-near-patong-beach

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-27

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

“Just after midnight there were two parties including about 100 Burmese teenagers who gathered at Loma park with short knives and long knives. ”

I'd bet (if it were allowed) my money on the group with the long knives...

16 hours ago, webfact said:

I must admit to thinking this was going to be a clickbait headline only to reveal the story about a chefs' convention. 

16 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

What were they doing? Were they chefs? Knife enthusiests..? A real lack of investigative work here. I'm more interested in WHY?

They mentioned gangs of burmese. Why? They hitting back at who? Scammers? Thais? Gotta be a reason..

I was thinking exactly the same.... What poor investigative work and research done, just throwing out a few words that don’t make any sense the way it’s written there....

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Round them up and deport them the same way they would do for most other nationalities committing crimes.

The gang boys won't be able to afford knives there, nor bikes to get them to the beach.

Agreed,

And how come 100 Burmese teenagers can afford to be in Thailand? let alone to be on motorbikes and at the beach with knives in gangs?

I  very much doubt they are in the country legal anyway. However, their behaviour typifies what they have seen Thai teenagers doing and getting away with, ' Monkey see, monkey do ' 

If this was Westerners all the TV news channels would be down there and the crowds screaming and baying for deportation.

I recall being on business a few years ago and I was sat in a private room for dinner with the head of tourism for Halong Bay. He was also a senior police officer and held multiple positions of power in Vietnam.

I remember him talking to me directly when we were talking about the plans for increasing tourism in Vietnam, visas etc and he flat out said to me in English....' We don't have any of that ' bang bang ' nonsense from the younger generation here in Vietnam as they do in Thailand. We deal with them straight away. He was meaning the youngsters driving around armed with guns.

When I pushed him on this, he told me he was referring to the tearaways and troublemakers in the likes of Pattaya and Bangkok, which information he was obviously privy to due to his position.

It is true as I noticed afterwards. Yes, Vietnam suffers thefts and petty crimes but they do not stand for and major disturbances or disorder in the country.

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

And how come 100 Burmese teenagers can afford to be in Thailand? let alone to be on motorbikes and at the beach with knives in gangs?

Of course they have visa's and work permits for jobs Thai cant do. Simple though? Otherwise they wouldnt be in Thailand. 

Archived