White Christmas13

So what is the best place to hide a laptop in a hotel ? I be staying in Jomtien

for 2 weeks next month the hotel has safety boxes boxes in every room but

it would be to small for a laptop is it safe to ask the reception to look after

it when I am out? I do really have to bring the laptop because of communication

any ideas ?

15 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

I do really have to bring the laptop because of communication

So do I and I keep in my carrying bag with me or ask the GH/Hotel reception to take care of it for me.

4 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

lol yeah do that.

I really want to post and help u but you said I was a troll so I will just agree with putting it in a suitecase <evil face>

hey It was not me who said you are a troll read again I said how can he be

a first poster if he has already 205 post to answer some idiots post you are a troll

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

hey It was not me who said you are a troll read again I said how can he be

a first poster if he has already 205 post to answer some idiots post you are a troll

oh yeah ok.  Sorry about that.

Will for the most part Jomtein is safe.  I will be more worried about hotel staff and cleaning lady.  You should be nice to them and give them tips.  And you can decline having the room cleaned when you are not in it.

To hide it, find a place somewhere high and put it on top of the shelve or inside a drawer.

4 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

oh yeah ok.  Sorry about that.

Will for the most part Jomtein is safe.  I will be more worried about hotel staff and cleaning lady.  You should be nice to them and give them tips.  And you can decline having the room cleaned when you are not in it.

To hide it, find a place somewhere high and put it on top of the shelve or inside a drawer.

you don't have to apologize to me it was just a misunderstanding 

can happen to anybody

5 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

Regarding suitecase, my buddy had his suitecase cut with a knife and money taken from it in a guesthouse hotel on walking street years ago.  He thinks it was the owner/staff.  They even offered him free stay for weeks after.

I won't leave any money in my suitcase since I only have cash I will

carry half and the other half with my friend and yes I trust her

she got more money than I have

I've got a trick that I use in cheaper hotels - I put a few pieces of duct tape on the back of the laptop screen in a way that makes it look like the tape is holding the thing together. Nobody will try and steal what looks like a broken old laptop. Not failed me yet.

• Thanks 1

and I know you don't know me I am not a Thai basher yes there is many things

I don't like I lived in Thailand for many years but I moved back to my home country

because of bad business but I have many friends in Thailand and I talk to Thanathorn

and his best friend every day

4 minutes ago, SteveK said:

I've got a trick that I use in cheaper hotels - I put a few pieces of duct tape on the back of the laptop screen in a way that makes it look like the tape is holding the thing together. Nobody will try and steal what looks like a broken old laptop. Not failed me yet.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

8 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

First lace where a thief will look.

Lift the mattress and place the laptop right in the middle on the box frame, replace mattress. Sorted.

9 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

is it safe to leave it the reception?

Since every hotel and guest-house will have some sort of disclaimer about not being responsible for valuables, even those left in the old-fashioned front-desk guest deposit boxes then yes, good idea.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, champers said:

I have kept a laptop in a hotel room safe before. You may be surprised to find it fits.

And I have stayed in more than half a dozen hotels where they have those old-fashioned, square ones with a combination keypad and crank handle and you can't fit diddly in them, even if you can get it open.

Edited by NanLaew
sp

9 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Underneath the mattress or wrap it up inside one of your polo shirts, so it just looks like a neatly folded pile of shirts ... people are looking for money and electronics, not farang fashion.

Yes.

I pull up the mattress and push it under toward the center noone ever looks there.

12 hours ago, DingDongLing said:

lol yeah do that.

I really want to post and help u but you said I was a troll so I will just agree with putting it in a suitecase <evil face>

It is just as easy to walk out the door with a locked suitcase as it is a laptop. If someone goes into a hotel room with bad intentions and sees a locked suitcase, he/she is going to know it is locked because there is probably something of value in it.

• Like 1

I would never leave it in reception or use it in view of anyone - in essence if nobody knows you have it then you've got much less chance of someone trying to get their hands on it. Then again my laptop cost quite a lot so I'm extra careful.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter where you hide it, or what you do if you leave it in your room unattended - a determined thief will be able to get it. I've got a laptop bag and take mine out if I know the cleaners will be entering my room.

Edited by SteveK