Soi Dogs: Cruel person throws four stray mutts down between two walls in Buriram

webfact

Soi Dogs: Cruel person throws four stray mutts down between two walls in Buriram

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Rescue services in Buriram were called after the owner of a dress shop found four dogs had been thrown down a crevice behind her shop. 

The dogs - all aged about 5 months - were on their backs unable to move or get out from the 20 centimeter space between two walls. 

It took Siam Ruam Jai Pu-In rescue an hour to extricate them - one of the staff got bitten for his trouble. 

news_nDEMSaNogw153637_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Residents in the area in Nang Rong district of the north eastern Thai city said that the four dogs were part of a pack of about ten strays in the area. 

They called on the police to catch the cruel person or people who did this. It appeared to have happened at around 4 am in the morning. 

They also called on the local authority to sterilize the animals. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-29

An official campaign of spaying and neutering Soi dogs is the obvious answer. I sometimes suspect there's a hidden agenda in maintaining a floating population, as one generation seems to replace another on a pretty regular basis, and I very rarely see a dead dog.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

However back to the article - whichever cruel little bastards did this need a good shoeing - today another story has reached the UK press (Mirror) from Thailand where some moron has taped a dogs mouth with duct tape and left it on the side of the road, thankfully it was rescued - aren't humans lovely !!

Probably had to do it to get some sleep, not a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

However back to the article - whichever cruel little bastards did this need a good shoeing - today another story has reached the UK press (Mirror) from Thailand where some moron has taped a dogs mouth with duct tape and left it on the side of the road, thankfully it was rescued - aren't humans lovely !!

I expect you think we should be kind to Wolves too...

Rooster

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

" pack of about ten strays in the area " 

these are not owned by any irresponsible dog owner, they are strays.

I suppose they just appeared out of thin air. They must originate from somebody's dog, irresponsible owners not getting their dog spayed or neutered. Dumping dog's they no longer want leaving them to fend for themselves, all living creatures want to survive, yes strays are a problem, but it's all down to irresponsible owners, people who have poor education and have no idea what problems they a creating.

In the 1990s, more than 200 dogs were euthanized each day.[citation needed] In 2000, however, the Animal Guardians Association campaigned against the practice, which they argued violated Buddhist principles. They launched a sterilization program in Bangkok. The campaign generated substantial public outcry against the euthanasia, and the city adopted a pro-life dog policy.

They obviously have been around in circles regarding this but even at 200 a day it would have never solved the issue and obviously the sterilization program lost steam. imo The act in the OP was just basic cruelty , that person bears watching because they are ill. If the animals presented problems they should have killed humanely. I guess they had no fear of getting caught because the ruckus those dogs would of made would of wakened the dead.

16 minutes ago, Jane Dough said:

I expect you think we should be kind to Wolves too...

Rooster

Unexpected remark from you !

I have no liking for stray dogs but in this  case it is not a question of kindness. It is a blatant cruelty that only succeeded in creating another problem, not solving  anything  much had they been left to slowly die and rot where they were. Or perhaps that was  the vindictive motivation that is unlikely to be known?

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

I remember this incident. It was reported here. Wow, the Mirror is really current. It happened at least six months ago. The "moron" in question is a Thai Army general who got fed up with being chased by feral dogs on his base while trying to stay fit on his bicycle. Can't blame him. He has the power to do much more, and I hope he did. Did the Mirror follow up with any actual reporting? I would like to know whether General Cyclist succeeded in ridding his army base of these vermin.

• Like 2

On the subject of putting animals down we have a pig farm and the company will not give us any injections to put the sick pigs down due to religious beliefs. So we get people in to do the job I won't do it they usually kill them bashing over the head with bit of wood. I just don't get it!!!

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Cue the doggie lovers with our 6 rescue dogs are a credit to the community bs. Cruel only in the sense they should have been killed before hand. Thais are not animal lovers and neither are most dog owners, you can't love animals if you eat them.

Yes, but you can love the taste!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mackstask said:

And that's the dog's fault YES! ? Better of channelling your comments towards irresponsible dog owners and the so called animal lovers of this fine Buddhist nation.   

Unless one is a registered breeder, all dogs and cats should be sterilised.

Every dog and cat owner  who is found with an unsterilised animal should be fined.

All animals should be registered 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Unexpected remark from you !

I have no liking for stray dogs but in this  case it is not a question of kindness. It is a blatant cruelty that only succeeded in creating another problem, not solving  anything  much had they been left to slowly die and rot where they were. Or perhaps that was  the vindictive motivation that is unlikely to be known?

Relax...his avatar showed he was a supporter of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Maybe you haven't heard of their nickname...

Rooster

• Like 1

you can't love animals if you eat them.

I love to eat quite a few of them
Chicken,duck,fish,cow,lamb,pork...probably without knowing cat,dog and rat...I also eat vegetables...draw the line at insects..but obviously have eaten some while sleeping.[emoji39]
  • Like 1