SMS apointments at KL

I have been thinking of doing a visa run  for a tourist visa from Hua Hin to KL and back. I read now 2 things have changed recently.

A) you dont need proof on income anymore.

B) Now you have to make an appointment in advance by receiving an SMS to have an appointment at the office and to pick up your visa. This means buying a Malay sim.

This is an inconveience as ofcourse you have to show with your application a returning ticket to Thailand. You can only apply for an interview with a Malay sim card to receive and send sms's. That means you have to apply once youve bought your sim card in Malaysia. What happens if they say your interview is in 4 days and you were only planning a 5 day trip and the same goes for the second scheduled appointment for picking up your passport.

Has anyone had any good experiences? Do they give appointments in no less than 2 days?

Edited by Khun Ed
spelling

I just went on the appointment site and did part of a registration for an appointment and you can use a SMS for any country.

I was able to select the country code for here.

image.png.3cd3b54e44997575fc80140c4972f667.png

Site: https://linistry.com/Customer/ServiceMenu?branchId=127&parentId=1188

I selected for the 4th of June but it shows one for tomorrow available.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

Thanks Joe but you wont receive sms to your phone when you are in KL and have to receive an sms for your pick up appointment

You will as long as you have international roaming enabled for your SIM. To receive an SMS via international roaming costs little.

8 minutes ago, Khun Ed said:

Thanks Joe but you wont receive sms to your phone when you are in KL and have to receive an sms for your pick up appointment

You could if you had your phone set up for roaming.

I think most people would do the appointment before leaving Thailand.