Thai Version Of Windows Xp

mouse

Does anyone know where I can actually purchase the new and greatly reduced in price (1,400 Baht) version of Windows xp? I will be installing 11 computers into the local school and do not want the pricey stuff.

My next question is if this will limited version of Windows allow me to network the units and will it be compatibvle with a full Windows xp version that I plan to install on the Schools Server? :o

I have not seen any for sale...just the "real" versions and of course the pirated copies of "real" versions.

A few months ago I did read an article on the Thai version coming out. Unfortunately I can't remember where I read it...but I do remember being turned off to ever buying it because it was limited/crippled in many ways. Sorry...not much help but I suggest you fully investigate what they took out for the cheap Thai version before you buy a bunch...

Any Microsoft OS (and not only Microsoft OS) can be connected by network...

Even DOS, or win3.1, or winNT3.5 or 4....

Wn95, or 98, or ME, win2000, XP corporate, XP professional or XP home...

whatever MAC, Linux or Novell....yes, it can be connected to any server....

There will be something missing however, in a strongly reduced XP Thai edition.....like LAN bridge, or built-in firewall or such features....user-options, login-options, static or routing....something like that...

Johann