Motorbike Green Book

Hi everyone and thanks for help in advance.

Motorbike bought and made into my name in Nakhon Ratchasima.

Later moving to Bangkok with bike. 2 years later, upon moving condos, i managed to lose the sacred green book.

I went to Bangkok transportation department to get a new one, but they told me as the bike has a Korat license plate i have to do it there.

That's fine. 

But its a small-ish journey, i'd like to be fully prepared as I've never done this before, additionally Korat may have some other process I'm unaware of. 

I'd hate to backtrack if i got it wrong.

Has anyone else lost this green book (for a motorbike) and then got a new one, preferably in Korat in the last year?

Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated

i.e what do i need to take, do i need to book in advance, do i need to have the actual bike with me etc 

Not ever having done this myself...but you could go back to Bangkok Department of Land Transportation and ask them about "moving the bike" to Bangkok registration plates....not having the green book makes things rather difficult on top of the already ridiculous "out of province" registration shenanigans...I also think you'll need to go to the police station and report the green book missing...they will give you a copy to show DLT...good luck !

3 minutes ago, johng said:

Not ever having done this myself...but you could go back to Bangkok Department of Land Transportation and ask them about "moving the bike" to Bangkok registration plates....not having the green book makes things rather difficult on top of the already ridiculous "out of province" registration shenanigans...I also think you'll need to go to the police station and report the green book missing...they will give you a copy to show DLT...good luck !

i appreciate your reply.

Yeah i need the green book for either way so its the first step. I may go to the police station though, good shout, sounds like something they might want to see.