Immigration's Own 24/7 Call Centre

Hi All,

Had been to the Immigration office a few days back and had seen them flash a helpline number 1111 which is available 24/7 both in English and Thai. Had just called in a few mins back to enquire on somethings, and must say I was seriously impressed with the service on the IVR, was connected instantly to a Englsih speaking lady right within a few seconds of having chosen my language of choice.

She spoke "decent english and not thai englsih" and was quite comprehensible too. Though was placed on hold for a couple of times but then not for long. Pls make sure that you do mention your nationality very clearly as the rules drastically differ to between nationals of various countries?

Anybody else also called in?

This is not an immigration number. It is the Government Contact Center as reported on this site here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/lofiversion/...hp/t106176.html

Immigration officer is now available 24 hours to respond to questions through this contact number - but it is not a direct line to immigration. It is reported on Immigration web site home page.

Nice find!!

That should be a huge help.

I'm sure they'll notice a spike in call volume after posting here!!

Quite true, coz I hadnt mentioned in the earlier post that it's toll free as well!

Thanks for pointing that out, guess I must have been confused as I had seen the posters all over the immigration office and also with the number constantly being flahed on the electronic infotmation board.