Wife's new headphones

marcusarelus

Readers will remember I bought the OCD wife a new Huawei tablet m5 8.4.  No head phone jack.  OCD wife has worn the leather off her Sony headset which in addition to being moderately expensive and good sounding is a wine berry red color.  She was using this little connector that works through the C charging port.  Just a matter of time when she would want to charge it and use the headset at the same time and that would not work.

I went searching for a new headset.  Simple controls and punchy base.  Thai people seem to like punchy base (I had discovered from my go go club dj days). 

I read a bunch or reviews and decided to try the Bluedeo T-6.  A little over 1000 baht.  I told her it was for me.  I tried it out and then told her it was really for her.

She ignored it for 2 days still clinging on to the outdated cable technology.  Then she tried it.  And wore them to the kitchen and then the bathroom and then started smiling and laughing while she listened to her dog utube videos.  Now she is wearing them all round the house.  

Good loudness, good fit, Bluetooth 5 low battery usage.  Only one button (don't push the second one).  One button and a lady with an indistinguishable ascent says power off or on or connected to one or two devices.  

It sounds as good as my gaming headset and has big 57mm drivers.  A real bargain for close to 1k

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Do we really need to know this?

Yes for many reasons.  1.  How to deal with Thai women.  2.  How to get good Chinese computer gear.  3.  Headphones with punchy bass.  4.  Spend 1000 and get 6000 in value.  That's the deal of the century.  If you look down a bit you will find a TV poster asking questions about what to look for in earphones.  There are literally thousands of posters crying out for good up to date info on budget but great sound systems.  

13 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do we really need to know this?

why not product reviews are nice. I know my gf loves the blue tooth headphones I gave her too. Once they learn about the ease of connecting bluetooth to phones and TV they are won over easy. 

43 minutes ago, robblok said:

why not product reviews are nice. I know my gf loves the blue tooth headphones I gave her too. Once they learn about the ease of connecting bluetooth to phones and TV they are won over easy. 

It connects to the TV if I have the dongle switched on - or to her tablet if I don't.  She only has to push one button and a lady says power on and connected.  She won't get a second sim for the tablet so she can answer her phone while she looks at dog videos yet.  

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

Give me a link ? i did not find them on lazada. Maybe give your search term as Bluedeo T-6 does not show a thing.

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i279481810-s451296635.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Be aware there is also now a T7 for about the same price.  It has more buttons and is supposed to be better.  

There is also some T-6's for sale with Bluetooth 4.  Which I understand are flawed and not as good for many reasons as the 5.0 which may be louder than the T-7 but no controls or the extra cable if you don't want bluetooth.  

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

This was not a product review, it was Marcus's private life on show.

Sure he made some remarks about OCD but he made a great point of how bluetooth is so much better then those cabled devices. I noticed the same when i gave the GF an bluetooth headset to replace a wired one. 

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i279481810-s451296635.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Be aware there is also now a T7 for about the same price.  It has more buttons and is supposed to be better.  

There is also some T-6's for sale with Bluetooth 4.  Which I understand are flawed and not as good for many reasons as the 5.0 which may be louder than the T-7 but no controls or the extra cable if you don't want bluetooth.  

They do not get very good reviews on various sites, especially with low volume on Android phones.

As I have said many times....you get what you pay, or do not, pay for.

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

Sure he made some remarks about OCD but he made a great point of how bluetooth is so much better then those cabled devices. I noticed the same when i gave the GF an bluetooth headset to replace a wired one. 

The Bluetooth vs Wired is a bit of a no-brainer, so doesn't need to be embedded in his life story !    LOL

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

They do not get very good reviews on various sites, especially with low volume on Android phones.

I got a nice over ear headset already, JBL good enough for me but order this one too just to see what it is. If it is ok ill send it to my mom as present. (she loves her IPAD)

7 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I paid 6,000 for my Sony headphones and I like the 1000 baht Bluedio better.  I also think the Huawei tablet is better than the Apple for less money.  If you have said it many times maybe you have convinced yourself not to shop around anymore. I read many reviews before I bought.  Glad I tried.  

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes, over Bht 2000 at one place I looked. Maybe the Lazada ones are knock offs!

See the little square thing on the right bottom?  It is a scratch off verification code.  Put it in at the Bluedio website and it tells you if it is a copy or not. 

box.jpg

23 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

The Bluetooth vs Wired is a bit of a no-brainer, so doesn't need to be embedded in his life story !    LOL

The wife is an engineer.  I find many to be OCD.  They get used to using something and won't even look at anything else to see if it's better.  Some are high tech forward thinking people and others are stuck to using a slide rule.  The wife used to sweep incessantly till I bought a Hitachi turbo vacuum cleaner.  Now she loves it but for two weeks it sat in the corner.  Remember the guy who posted on here he'd never use a cellphone as he didn't need all those newfangled android ideas?  The Bluetooth 5 is quite an improvement over the 4 for battery live and range.  Have you tried it?

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

The wife is an engineer.  I find many to be OCD.  They get used to using something and won't even look at anything else to see if it's better.  Some are high tech forward thinking people and others are stuck to using a slide rule.  The wife used to sweep incessantly till I bought a Hitachi turbo vacuum cleaner.  Now she loves it but for two weeks it sat in the corner.  Remember the guy who posted on here he'd never use a cellphone as he didn't need all those newfangled android ideas?  The Bluetooth 5 is quite an improvement over the 4 for battery live and range.  Have you tried it?

Yes, got Bluetooth 5 in my Bose earphones.

Please, what does OCD stand for?

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I recently sold my Hitachi vacuum cleaner as she wouldn't use it. It was just in the cupboard gathering dust!   (Thank you Tim Vine)

2 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Nowt that a good slap won't put right !   LOL

Anxiety can keep her from trying new things.  She is getting better and in some areas it is not a problem at all.  I like the fact that we have a spotless home but sometimes she becomes so concerned about cleaning my dishes that I lower my level of complexity while I'm cooking.  I am a gentleman and I've never hit a woman.  I never even shot at female VC when I was in the Army.  

Archived