Thai National Anthem

Helene

I wonder how many Thais don't know the words to their national anthem? There sure seems to be a lot of Americans that don't know theirs. I watched The Tonight Show with Jay Leno recently and they stopped people in the streets and asked them to sing the national anthem... wow, what an eye-opener. :o

Another point: why do national anthems have to be based around violence and war and the conquest of land? I don't know many national anthem admittedly, but that seems to be a trend. Please enlighten me if there are non-violent national anthems out there.

My 3 year old daughter can sing the Thai national anthem, she can sing the Barney I loe you song too. She can also sing the Aussie national anthem. Which, for your enjoyment celebrates the meeting of cultures.

Australians all let us rejoice

For we are young and free

We've golden soil and wealth for toil,

Our home is girt by sea:

Our land abounds in nature's gifts

Of beauty rich and rare,

In history's page let every stage

Advance Australia fair,

In joyful strains then let us sing

Advance Australia fair.

Beneath our radiant Southern Cross,

We'll toil with hearts and hands,

To make this Commonwealth of ours

Renowned of all the lands,

For those who've come across the seas

We've boundless plains to share,

With courage let us all combine

To advance Australia fair.

In joyful strains then let us sing,

Advance Australia fair.

I guess it is the bold parts that the Thais are missing?

Am I sad or what (rhetorical question guys) I have it as a ringtone on my phone.

It is a happy, jolly little tune that reminds me of where I want to be, with who I want to be with, doing what I want to do.

Steve :D:D:bah:

I hope you stand up when your phone rings!!

I have a broken leg (tib & fib) and a broken wrist at the moment but I do sit to attention.

Anyway I have telephoned my girlfriend in Nong Khai, told her about my "ringtone" and was right royaly told off :o (so I have done as I am told and taken it off).

So to those people (and the King) :D I did mean it as a reminder of Thailand (nothing more) :D

Steve :bah:

Am I sad or what (rhetorical question guys) I have it as a ringtone on my phone.

It is a happy, jolly little tune that reminds me of where I want to be, with who I want to be with, doing what I want to do.

Steve :D:D:bah:

I hope you stand up when your phone rings!!

I have a broken leg (tib & fib) and a broken wrist at the moment but I do sit to attention.

Anyway I have telephoned my girlfriend in Nong Khai, told her about my "ringtone" and was right royaly told off :o (so I have done as I am told and taken it off).

So to those people (and the King) :D I did mean it as a reminder of Thailand (nothing more) :D

Steve :bah:

I used to have that ringtone - my brother can program ringtones - my wife never said anything about it