Land or Air visa run?

My neighbor's visa expires tomorrow and he is wondering which visa run is better?

Fly to cambodia for a week and return with a new 30 day TV

or try to find a visa run service this late to guarantee his chances of getting a return ticket. 

He must leave tomorrow. Already had a 30 day extension and does not want to get the 7 days to leave denial stamp.

Which route is the best?  Flying into BKK or land?  

What is his visa/entry history for the whole year?

Is it his first entry this year (30 day visa exempt plus 30 day extension)?

But without respect to the details, if it would be me: no question to use a flight.

Specially on this short notice.

Be aware that he might be asked for a return or onward ticket out of Thailand before boarding return flight to Bangkok. Checking on entry immigration is rarely heard of but might also happen.

Do you/neighbor live in the Bangkok area?

Edited by KhunBENQ

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What is his visa/entry history for the whole year?

ONE ENTRY, ONE EXTENSION

Is it his first entry this year (30 day visa exempt plus 30 day extension)?

THE UPCOMING ENTRY WILL BE HIS SECOND THIS YEAR

But without respect to the details, if it would be me: no question to use a flight.

Specially on this short notice.

Be aware that he might be asked for a return or onward ticket out of Thailand before boarding return flight to Bangkok. Checking on entry immigration is rarely heard of but might also happen.

Yes, I told him to go to thai embassy and get a Tourist Visa before flying back. 3 working days to process it.  Stay 1-2-3 weeks and come back with visa. 

Do you/neighbor live in the Bangkok area?

No near beach

40 minutes ago, DingDongLing said:

ONE ENTRY, ONE EXTENSION

THE UPCOMING ENTRY WILL BE HIS SECOND THIS YEAR

Yes, I told him to go to thai embassy and get a Tourist Visa before flying back. 3 working days to process it.  Stay 1-2-3 weeks and come back with visa. 

No near beach

No near beach is frankly ridiculous reply. If in bkk or many other places a border run to udon thani (air) then hop to nong khai for border entry easy and cheap. Or go places like Saigon for setv. You have given limited details. The Cambodia thing your meaning visa exempt entry. Yes possible.

Thought about this day before visa expire. Geezus

• Haha 1

a visa run service can always be of help, most have daily trips, however a response NEAR BEACH is not helpful at all. But it seams the trend, asking for help, but not give full details. If in BKK there are at least 3 companies that offer border run service.

NEAR BEACH can mean Pattaya or the whole Eastern Seaboard up to Cambodia . It can mean the whole EAST Coast down from Cha-Am to Malaysian border, include Hua Hun, Chumphon with Islands, plus Surat Thani with Islands. It could also mean the whole WEST Coast down from Ranong, Khao Lak, Phuket, Krabi until you reach Malaysia again at Satun. 

• Like 1

I went with a visarun company before 1 time few years ago when it was already known to avoid poi pet and where did you think they brought me ?? Few people denied entry on the way back, i cannot believe that those companies keep on bringing people there,  with bad staff very unhelpfull they have no contacts at immigration on both sides,  so doomed to work from the get go . I don't want to snitch wich company in bangkok it was but it starts with a B and finish with a K  second word starts with a B and ends with a 'S . With companies like that you just pay for the minivan ride to the border and back because everything they do you can do by yourself . If they are doing this for years you would geuss they have good contacts on both sides so they can help you with the whole proces and nobody has to be denied entry but all they can do is drive you there and they will get your stamp in cambodia wich you can get by yourself very easy . Paying 4000 baht for a minivan drive and getting denied it's ludacris . Willingly bringing people to poi pet knowing they will get denied lowest of the lowest scum in my mind . Sorry had to wright this .