Jomtien specific -transfer extension stamp

I am taking an elderly neighbor to do this  soon. { new passport } Travel is not easy for him. Is it a while you wait service or a come back 1/2 hours, or tomorrow.? 

Edited by pontious

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If I recall correctly they will tell him to return the next day to pick up the passports. I think you are somebody could pick up the passport for him if he asked them about it.

Thanks Joe. We were going to go tomorrow but his carer has just phoned to say he has gone to hospital as he is not well. Would the hospital provide a letter to say travel to IO is not advised at this time.?

My experience is that I had to return the next day to get my passport, some years back though. 

I once heard of an IO coming out to a vehicle to help a similar case as you say. Not 100%  sure it was Jomtiem.

As said, there's no rush. He should just bring along both the old and new passport anytime he has to deal with immigrations until he gets the stamps transferred.

Some major hospitals have something like a concierge service to deal with inpatients who need help with routine tasks related to immigrations. I have no idea if they could manage this or what they might charge, but if he's likely to be in hospital for any length of time, you or his carer could ask.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Some major hospitals have something like a concierge service to deal with inpatients who need help with routine tasks related to immigrations.

Do they submit a TM30 on your behalf?