HCM Non-O Visa Remarks Not a Concern?

Last week I received my Non O Visa hassle free. Im about to fly back to Thailand this Friday and noticed there were remarks in Thai that says something akin to "Follow (name of my wife)". My understanding that in this consulate that they all put remarks (and not a biggie) on all Thai Visas, where in Laos it doesnt state anything. Any concern or is this the norm? Much appreciated.

As I understand at HCM, you need an Invitation letter from your wife as part of the Visa application.

I'm guessing you applied for the Non Imm O multi entry as opposed to the single entry.

The note is probably just a confirmation that the ME was issued in order to 'follow' or 'visit' a Thai wife in Thailand. No need for any concern.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JacobD said:

Yup. I did Non O multi with invitation letter. Much thanks. First time doing this.

You probably stated the reason for the application was 'married to a Thai' or 'to visit Thai wife'.

The note is just a reason for issuing the ME Visa.

As a general rule (worldwide) the majority of consular staff do not indicate the reason the visa was issued on the visa, but as category ‘O’ (other) can be issued for several reasons some do.

They have made it clear the visa was issued based on your marriage, and it shouldn’t cause you any problems.

• Like 1