Luuk chin

SteveK

Does anyone like eating luuk chin? It seems all Thai people eat them but I think they are disgusting. Rubbery, boiled balls of meat mixed with some kind of powder which makes them look a very unnatural colour, tried to eat one again the other day and had to spit it out!

15 minutes ago, ravip said:

Similarly, Thais and other 'foreigners' might find your type of food disgusting - very normal. International. Do a trot around the globe and you will learn.

Yep I cooked a rare fillet steak on the bbq, they were disgusted by it.

yeah, the horrible little balls look like escapees from industrial ball cleaning systems used in tube heat exchangers in power stations...

the kids like them, though and we always pick up thb100 worth from the vendor in front of tescos when we do our shopping...

8 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

If you think that's bad, try going to China. They warned me, take a suitcase full of biscuits and candy bars or you'll starve. I thought they were joking...... they weren't.

Sorry, but having spent many weeks in the PROC, I have to say I couldn't disagree more. Restaurants in China offer a HUGE variety of foods & preparations; it's mind boggling. In Beijing, many restaurants have menus of 30 pages or more! For me, I found 80+% of the food to be truly delicious. Think about it: Chinese chefs live in a huge country, full of culinary resources (meats, seafood, grains, fruits & vegetables), and have been refining their cooking for 8,000 years. If not the world's number 1 cuisine, then top 3 for sure!

1.jpg

But Chinese people will eat anything that moves, and a lot of things that don't. The sea cucumber that they put in their hot pots turns my stomach. I would definitely lose a lot of weight in China.

seegurke_651656.jpg

Archived