Tourist Police catch foreign tourist who outraged Thais with yoga poses at sacred sites

webfact

Tourist Police catch foreign tourist who outraged Thais with yoga poses at sacred sites

562000005532301.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Tourist Police have caught up with a foreign woman who drew criticism from Thais online after she shared photos on Instagram of herself performing yoga exercises at sacred sites throughout Thailand.

On Wednesday, officers from Chiang Rai Tourist Police spoke to Andreita Levin after they received complaints from people who said the photos were inappropriate.

562000005532302.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Mexican born Levin, had previously shared pictures of her performing various yoga poses at a number of sites including Prasat Pra Thepbidorn, Rong Sue Ten temple or Blue temple in Chiang Rai, Sukhothai Historical Park and at the Emerald Buddha.

Ms Levin, who will not be charged over the photos, has agreed to remove them after Tourist Police officers requested she delete them from her Instagram profile.

Despite the fall out from sharing the photos, Ms Levin confirmed that she intends to stay in Thailand and continue her holiday.

She soon plans to visit Chiang Mai and Phuket but told officers she will not take any more photos of her performing yoga at sacred sites in Thailand.

Source: Manager

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-05

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, webfact said:

She soon plans to visit Chiang Mai and Phuket but told officers she will not take any more photos of her performing yoga at sacred sites in Thailand.

But feel free to donate cash to your nearest temple to secure a better next life. 

5 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You see, it's all about show and absolutely, no, zero, nada, substance.

Face is everything. ????

Yep,...but she can always take more pictures and post them later when she's safe in her country.

It doesn't bother me, people driving at crazy speeds or drunk or under influence or on the wrong side of the road do bother me !!!

With the country  rapidly heading towards Banana Republic(well minus the republic bit for the time being) status

Really Have these people really nothing else to do or worry about?

i hope she did not share a similar pose where I was involved .  I do not think I would be considered a sacred site.   (and it was just a dream)

As long as "Thai netizens" can vent their childish anger over trifle things like this, they won't bother going out on the streets protesting the increasingly oppressive regime, the corruption that's spiraling out of control, the shameless shenanigans of our so-called "representatives" in forming a government, the frequent assaults from "unknown persons" on pro-democracy activists, the appalling daily death toll on our streets, and the glaringly two-tiered (in)justice system. You know... stuff that really deserves to become outraged about.    

With all the problems this country is facing - environmental, potilitical, the wealth gap, substandard education, road safety, to name but a few - I sincerely believe that this is the least of their concerns. 

If the authorities reacted as swiftly and competently against the more serious issues here, this could be a truely amazing place to live. 

Sacred Ecology is an ecospiritual approach to life that cares for and reveres the natural world as an access point to the sacred.

So how about Tourist Police catch foreign tourist  people who outraged Thais ecologists with yoga poses   all the garbage scattered at sacred sites the surface of this sacred world.

On their free time of course....

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Well done tourist police, now let’s hope your colleagues can catch the guy who murdered the unarmed man in the snooker hall...

Thailand definition of heinous criminals who must be caught is pretty obvious.  Yoga girl - heinous criminal; snooker killer - not important.

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

She got away with it! I am outraged. I am a disgusted netizen.

I  too am outraged,next time take some of  your  kit off  you  look quite  fit.

Thailand, land of the unbelievably trivial.

Archived