Schengen (german) Tourist Visa

Hi All,

Sorry if there's been posts about this, but i decided to create a new topic for this.. hope its ok.. Here it goes.

I will be applying for Schengen visa (Germany) this month to see my bf during the Songkran holidays. I have already checked out the German Embassy Bkk website and would like to get some advise/more info for people with similar experiences.

I have some questions and concerns.

• Aside from the invitation from my bf, Verpflichtungserklärung, what other documents/paperwork do I need from him to send to me to show to the embassy?
  • Do I also have to show my own bank book even with the invite? If yes, how much money is good/acceptable to show?

• I am working here in Thailand (originally from Manila,Phils.) and just recently got my new 1 yr Non-Imm B Visa and work permit from my new company. However, during my job transition from old co. to the present co. I have (not knowingly)overstayed (thought only my wp was invalid after resigning and ended to be also my visa). Anyhow, paid the overstay fine but got this stamp in my passport. Will this be a problem for my application for Schengen visa?

Some additional info:

I have a Canadian tourist visa in my passport used about 2 years ago. Hope that would help too.

My mother also works here in Bkk, should I get some supporting documents from her too? (I did the last time I applied for Canadian tourist visa)

Would be also helpful if some people can give more info of what other documents I need to provide?

What are my chances of getting this tourist visa? How about multiple entry?

Also do I have to make an appointment first before going to the embassy or does that only apply for interviews?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Cheers :o