Term Life Insurance

Kringle

Just had some friends of the wife trying to sell insurance but stated they can't sell a term life policy for me because I don't have a work permit. Have the non o visa, just put in for the 1 year extension but can't get the term life policy. I'm trying to get a 20-25 year term life policy that will at least leave my family with something worthwhile. The policies that I've seen for Thais wouldn't go far if I kicked the bucket and the wife doesn't get my pension. Anyone got any bright ideas. I'll be checking into companies back in Hawaii to see if I can get a policy set up there.

Thought it best to get the policy out of the states myself but thanks for the input. When I do get the policy, I will definitely be worth more dead than alive but hopefully the wife wants me to stick around for awhile and I won't have to worry about the poison bit. :o Not worried about the wife but the rellies might think otherwise. :D

One method is to simply use the managed savings method. It doesn't offer the massive instant payout (and is therefore not worth killing you for) but it does allow you to generate a substantial cash lump sum which can be used for income either for someone else or yourself at some point down the track.

The best ones will be in a European tax haven that also has substantial regulatory controls. Also, rather than deducting 7% up front, they will allocate up to 10% additional for the first 18 months or so.

Email me if you want specifics.

Go with a policy in your home country.

Actually that takes a trip to the country in question. OK time to go to the states. While there spoke to an agent and the moment he heard that I was living in Thailand he offered the sad excuse that his company could only write persons residing in the USA. So now what? Can't get one here and can't get one there. Seems we are discriminated upon due to our choice of residential location. Even the word expatriate burns me up. I always respond that I am still a patriot. :o:D

Mouse, I did a search on google for insurance companies and found some will write a policy if you don't state that you are full time resident but a long time stay instead. I maintain an address in Hawaii for pension, bank and mail purposes and think that I can use this for the insurance. The only drawback is I have to go back for the physical and signing. Don't know what they'll say about long stay in Thailand but will check it out before I go. My friend from Hawaii just brought a copy of the Oahu yellow pages and I'll be sending emails to the companies to see. I will let everyone know what I find out. Thanks for the help. :o