Lost UK Passport - Police Report

30 minutes ago, SteveMack said:

Hi, Just for information, in case I ever  lose mine, what is vfs and trendy ?

That is the building where UK passports are applied for. VFS is an agency that accepts the application.

1 hour ago, SteveMack said:

Hi, Just for information, in case I ever  lose mine, what is vfs and trendy ? Thanks in advance SteveMc

VFS is the current UK appointed agency dealing with UK visas and passports located in the Trendy building Soi 13 Bangkok.

4 minutes ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

And expensively useless they are too.

I'm not sure if you meant that the British Passport is 'expensively useless' or that the VFS are !!!

The British Passport is certainly expensive, VFS do a fairly reasonable job considering the volumes of people they have. I recently renewed my Son's Passport - Submitted with a waiting time of about 5 mins (had to book an appointment to submit) and collected less than 3 weeks later. The collection was a little different, we can collect at any time in the afternoon, but the power was out at the Trendy building, no escalators, no lifts etc... so I went for a bite to eat and came back later and after arrival waited 5mins to collect. 

There was a thread a few days ago about second passports. I have a second passport and if my Primary one was lost, I think it would be easy enough to transfer the visa. I wonder if this is valid justification for a second passport or would the FCO fein insult at the cavalier attitude shown towards such a document ?? !!!

Just for information. The form you complete that reports your lost passport says a police report is required for a stolen passport. I emailed the Passport Office and asked if that applied to lost passports and they replied NO -a police report is only required if stolen.

7 hours ago, onera1961 said:

I got an US passport in 2013 after I l lost mine (in fact my gf took it with her in a rage), I gave the Thai police report to US embassy and they accepted it.

Not the same as applying for a UK passport. The US embassy accepts the application processes it, approves it and transmits it electronically to the states.

For a UK passport the application and all supporting documents are sent to the UK by courier for processing. Documents must be in English when sent to there.

11 hours ago, noise said:

report lost and stolen passports to the Tourist Police and they will give you a report in Thai and English.  

No requirement for police report on lost UK passports. Stolen one's yes.