Home Made Salad Dressing

Home Made Salad Dressing ( Ceasar / Cheese )

Ingredients

1 coddled egg.

1 to 2 teaspoons crushed garlic

1 (dash of fish sauce) Nam Pla

1 Pinch of salt

2 tablespoons (1/2 lemon) freshly squeezed lemon juice ( Thai ones work well in this recipe)

3 drops Worcestershire sauce.

6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or quality veg oil.

2 tablespoons (1/4 cup) freshly grated Parmesan, Blue or Mature Cheddar. Even the horrible prossesed slices work in this recipe for a mild cheese dressing

1 Large Pinch of coarsely ground black pepper.

To make dressing:

You Must Make The Dressing In This Order

1. In a bowl, whisk together the garlic, fish sauce and salt until blended.

2. Whisk in the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.

3. Whisk in the coddled egg until the mixture is thick, approximately 1 minute (this enable the lemon juice to "cook" the egg).

4. Slowly drizzle (to fast the mix will split) in the oil with one hand while vigorously whisking the mixture with the other. Use blender if you have one. When the dressing is well combined, whisk in the 2 tablespoons of cheese.

Keep in fridge until used. MAX 3days.

Serve with green Lettuce, cherry tomatoes, diced cheese, ham etc with homemade croutons.

post-11711-1173663269.jpg

Just in case other readers didn't know:

A Coddled Egg:

Coddled eggs are made by very briefly immersing an egg in the shell in boiling water (to cook in water just below the boiling point) to slightly cook or coddle them.

The best eggs for coddling are the freshest eggs you can find. (If eggs are more than a week old, the whites thin out.) Whites of fresh eggs will gather compactly around the yolk, making a rounder, neater shape.

source: http: //whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/CoddledEgg.htm

Cheeky, you keep adding those food photos. :o Just ate and now I am hungry again. :D

My fav salad dressing is wafu (Japanese style)

sesame oil

soya sauce

manao juice

blend and adjust ingredients to suit taste

sprinkle over mixed greens

top with roasted black sesame seeds

eat

I always prefered olive oil (de best extra virgin ye can find) lemon/lime juice and freshly ground pepper an' a liddle salt, helps ta bring de flavor out...sumtimes, when inna perverse mode an' widda buffet I'll drown de fresh veg wid ranch/russian/ 1000 island, etc...

many years ago a friend that worked as a gardener fer Cal Tech sneaked into de kitchen an stole a 1lb block ob blue cheese...we mixed it wid mayo an' made the best blue cheese dressing dis side ob heaven...culinary monsters at 19 y.o.