Can the last round trip ticket for METV end in Thailand?

One of the requirements for getting the METV is "airline ticket into and out of Thailand (2) round trip". Does anyone know if the last trip must be out of Thailand, or if it can be a round trip back into Thailand?

For example:

• Europe -> BKK
  • BKK -> Saigon
  • Saigon -> BKK
  • BKK -> Hanoi
  • Hanoi -> BKK

The last leg is the one I'm asking about. Can I buy a return ticket to Thailand, or does it have to end in Hanoi?

Just now, Mai Mee Tang said:

You have already 2 in/out of Thailand to show them without including the last one. You can do that, just do not show your last flight when applying for the METV.

Then I have to manipulate the PDF because they are return tickets, except for the first one from Europe. I can do that, no problem, but it doesn't feel right.

14 hours ago, Nordude said:

The last leg is the one I'm asking about. Can I buy a return ticket to Thailand, or does it have to end in Hanoi?

Which embassy/consulate are you applying at?

I don’t think it matters if you have a return leg to Thailand as long as you leave on it before the expiry date. 

Question: if you haven’t already, return to Thailand on the very last day of your METV expiry and get an extra 60+30 extension from your visa

3 minutes ago, MadMuhammad said:

I don’t think it matters if you have a return leg to Thailand as long as you leave on it before the expiry date. 

Question: if you haven’t already, return to Thailand on the very last day of your METV expiry and get an extra 60+30 extension from your visa

Probably doesn't matter, I'm overthink things as usual. I know about the 60+30 trick. Actually I'm on my last 30 days now before I go back home for the summer. The METV visa is very convenient if you can get one.