Where can I get cheap kitchen and curtains for condo?

Pinningfor2

I’ve got a condo unit that I am going to rent out just for the next 3 years before selling it. So I am looking for the cheapest of materials and work as I’m on a tight budget to renovate the place.

could anyone help and point me towards cheap kitchen with installation and cheap curtains installation with curtains?

Depending on location, Global and HomePro have a decent selection of low-cost ready-made curtains, assuming of course that your windows fit the curtains.

What do you need for the kitchen? Fitted units are stupid money but if you have a standard Thai concrete kitchen then doors and draws can be pretty cheap.

FWIW buying cheap for a 3yr project will cost you dearly.

Firstly you will be lucky that cheap gear will last 3yrs.

Then your tenants, make a cheap job and your rental potential drops to the floor.

Cheap rent,cheap quality attracts cheap tenants who generally will not not respect your property.

Then you want to sell.....your cheap product now lokks even worse, value becomes same or worse than you paid so you spend again to spruce it up.

Keep the standard high to generate better rental, value and less maintenance.

If your Lad Prao or Rhamkhempang or On Nut area's there are cheap chip board & panel board furniture shops along the main road.  You can get cheap kitchen cupboards, sofa's, curtains and many household goods from these shops. They usually are a couple of shops wide all open with sofa's and tables out the front.

If in Bangkok or nearby, take a look at IKEA. 

As Crossy mentioned - location and price / type of accommodation / target tenants renting out has an impact.

My wife and I have been looking to rent a place - Most places (houses, townhouses & Condo's) either looked scruffy (needed re-decoration), had cheap furniture or no furniture at all. 

Some nicer places were around but they are asking for higher prices and seem to rent out. 

The target tenant for these places is families (budget 50-80k baht)

We had a very nice place (2 BR, 74sqm, Sukhumvit 42 in BKK) and were looking for 35k baht per month, we found it difficult to rent out as the location was too far from the SkyTrain, we'd have been better off buying single cheaper units, decorating them cheaply and and renting them out to students. Two International students eventually rented our place and we then managed quickly sell it with Tenants (for the same price we purchased). We saw the place a few months later and the tenants had made a mess of the place not really looking after the furniture etc.

Thus: any rental etc.. depends heavily how you are pricing for your target tenants. Once you have tenants selling may be easier for those looking to make an investment. 

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

If your Lad Prao or Rhamkhempang or On Nut area's there are cheap chip board & panel board furniture shops along the main road.  You can get cheap kitchen cupboards, sofa's, curtains and many household goods from these shops. They usually are a couple of shops wide all open with sofa's and tables out the front.

I am also interested! Can you tell us directions to the shops at the main road? Do you mean Sukhumvit when you walk to bangchak?

Thankss

11 minutes ago, Polarizing said:

I am also interested! Can you tell us directions to the shops at the main road? Do you mean Sukhumvit when you walk to bangchak?

Thankss

Lad Prao road, ( Soi Lad Prao )  Sukhumvit road ( On Nut area )  RamKhemphang area Ramkhemphang road .

45 minutes ago, steven100 said:

all made in China

I'd suggest a day trip to the Bang Na-Trat highway. Within 3 or 4 km are Design Square, Thai Wasadu, Ikea and Boon Tha Vorn.   Though Ikea really isn't discount, they do have a lot of low cost options.  Thai Wasadu (same side as Ikea, about 1 km in direction of traffic) and Boon Tha Vorn (opposite side from Mega Bang Na, about 2 km in direction of traffic) are large home improvement stores with a wide selection at fairly low prices.  Design Square is 1 km past Central Bang Na.  Large selection of inexpensive furniture.

To keep cost down, you can take either the 38, 48 0r 46 bus along Sukhumvit and get off at Design Sq., then taxi to other stores or you can take BTS to Udom Suk, then free bus to Mega Bang Na and start at Ikea.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Depending on location, Global and HomePro have a decent selection of low-cost ready-made curtains, assuming of course that your windows fit the curtains.

What do you need for the kitchen? Fitted units are stupid money but if you have a standard Thai concrete kitchen then doors and draws can be pretty cheap.

I need basically an entire kitchen counter with stove top and the whole lot. Thanks for your suggestions. Maybe a concrete might do better.

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

FWIW buying cheap for a 3yr project will cost you dearly.

Firstly you will be lucky that cheap gear will last 3yrs.

Then your tenants, make a cheap job and your rental potential drops to the floor.

Cheap rent,cheap quality attracts cheap tenants who generally will not not respect your property.

Then you want to sell.....your cheap product now lokks even worse, value becomes same or worse than you paid so you spend again to spruce it up.

Keep the standard high to generate better rental, value and less maintenance.

You are right. I’ll take that into consideration. Thank you. 

52 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

check for second hand kitches on facebook imo

Not sure it's a thing here tho but used to be my goto option in real countries, kitchens usually have a massive loss of value from new to used

Yes I did already unfortunately there’s isn’t any. Although I am getting a few stuff on Facebook already. I realized that a lot of stuff can be bought in the store for the same price as Facebook. It seems people getting rid of their furniture overpriced their 2nd hand furnitures here.

28 minutes ago, dddave said:

I'd suggest a day trip to the Bang Na-Trat highway. Within 3 or 4 km are Design Square, Thai Wasadu, Ikea and Boon Tha Vorn.   Though Ikea really isn't discount, they do have a lot of low cost options.  Thai Wasadu (same side as Ikea, about 1 km in direction of traffic) and Boon Tha Vorn (opposite side from Mega Bang Na, about 2 km in direction of traffic) are large home improvement stores with a wide selection at fairly low prices.  Design Square is 1 km past Central Bang Na.  Large selection of inexpensive furniture.

To keep cost down, you can take either the 38, 48 0r 46 bus along Sukhumvit and get off at Design Sq., then taxi to other stores or you can take BTS to Udom Suk, then free bus to Mega Bang Na and start at Ikea.

This is amazing tips. I’m headed there to have a look. Thanks so much! 

Archived