Yet another action camera bought Osmo Action

BBJ

Having gone through all the ones available from GoPro to Sony and haven't found one that is good as the Drift Ghost-S when mounted to the bike.   (Just to be clear, mounted to the bike as in crash bars etc), where all failed with terrible vibration despite their active stabilization and GoPro's version, I thought I'd give the Osmo action a whirl.  I bought it knowing it is as daft as the GoPro to mount, but as I wanted a family/Holiday cam and something for the bike, I opted for the Action over the Osmo Pocket.  Now for anyone interested, bare in mind despite the reviews, there is no external microphone option as yet.  3rd part USB C adapters will not work and neither will DJI's own Osmo pocket.  As yet I haven't tried it on the bike.  I believe the image on the helmet or body will be fantastic, but mounted to the ram mount and crash bars will be another matter where I think the Drift will still perform better.  Will see in the next couple of days.

Might just leave all three on.  That'll have the Rozzers confused at the next check point!

IMG_20190611_124934.jpg

IMG_20190611_124925.jpg

Should be noted that a reason Micheal Schumacher is the way he is, is because he had "modified" his ski helmet to mount a camera.

I believe mounting such devices to helmets in some countries is illegal for that very reason.

Helmets are tested/cerified without attachments;

hence, any attachment voids certification.

Helmet cams are disallowed in Super-Motocross,

and other events requiring cert helmet use.

I think cops in certain states will violate on that too.

Here we go.  As if I am going to stick all three on.  Not wearing a helmet is bad as well.  I'll take me chances wearing a helmet cam as it has got me out of liars on road accidents.  But the obvious is noted!

On 6/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, papa al said:

Helmets are tested/cerified without attachments;

hence, any attachment voids certification.

Helmet cams are disallowed in Super-Motocross,

and other events requiring cert helmet use.

I think cops in certain states will violate on that too.

Thanks dad, but who gives a flying rat's rear end.

Archived