Any Experience With The Car-repair-garages Recommended By Nza-women's Bkk-guide ?

my ancient Nissan (yes, could be from Sukhothai period :o ) has a problem, that is complicated to explain in English for me as a non-native, and a car-techniques-DUMMY.

in the recent 16th edition of the BANGKOK GUIDE by the Australian-Newzealand Women's group (which with no doubt is the one and only "bible" to living in Thailand), they mention two places with english speaking stuff or at least managers, that can be trusted and are not known to cheat Farang.

it is a ) ASOKE CAR ENGINEERING at Suk Soi21 / Asok and b ) Chidlom Garage at Ploenchit / Soi Somkid

did anybody use their services yet and are they reliable indeed ?

or any other recommendations ? I am able to get my car running and go to that particular place, but then there is a need to talk to somebody with a good understanding of English, so they dont replace expensive spare parts of the car that are actually not broken, only because they dont understand what I tell them about the problem....

Edited by THAILIBAN

• 2 years later...
my ancient Nissan (yes, could be from Sukhothai period :o ) has a problem, that is complicated to explain in English for me as a non-native, and a car-techniques-DUMMY.

in the recent 16th edition of the BANGKOK GUIDE by the Australian-Newzealand Women's group (which with no doubt is the one and only "bible" to living in Thailand), they mention two places with english speaking stuff or at least managers, that can be trusted and are not known to cheat Farang.

it is a ) ASOKE CAR ENGINEERING at Suk Soi21 / Asok and b ) Chidlom Garage at Ploenchit / Soi Somkid

did anybody use their services yet and are they reliable indeed ?

or any other recommendations ? I am able to get my car running and go to that particular place, but then there is a need to talk to somebody with a good understanding of English, so they dont replace expensive spare parts of the car that are actually not broken, only because they dont understand what I tell them about the problem....

Did you finally eventually go to either of these 2 garages? What was your experience?

I looked for the Chidlom garage today just to check it out, but I couldn't find it on Soi Somkhit.

Does anyone have a better recommendation?