Pattaya: 80% of motorcycle taxis are illegal - yet huge raid busts no one!

webfact

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Are the Pattaya police just stupid, or are they being paid off?

I doubt they are stupid just mentally challenged along with the rest of them, my BIL is no doubt at the top of the list

2 hours ago, topt said:

Not disbelieving but you state this so categorically I am curious how you came to know this?

She who must be obeyed.

Brings the kids out for walks all the time & knows just about everything that happens around our manor.

Best coffee stand, best somtam stand etc etc

She told me not to argue with the local taxi guys if they try to rip me off just get the number on his back & she would have a word with the copper who runs that crew.

I wonder if there is a Thai version of The Sopranos ???? 

The new Pattaya police force are getting wealthier by the minute. Friends with the taxidrivers, friends with the hookers. friends with the late night bars who stay open all night. etc etc etc etc. 

Good for them, maybe can afford a Mia Noi on the side as well .

Happy happy ! 

It doesn't matter if it's legal or not No One gives a Toss Not even the So Called Non Existing Law. 

If they don't stop the corruption in this Land Of Sophisticated  crime  Nothing will  Ever change It will only get Worse .   ????

3 hours ago, topt said:

Not disbelieving but you state this so categorically I am curious how you came to know this?

Anyone who has been in Thailand  a long time understands how the motorcycle taxis work; why regular taxis don't have to use the meter and why agents exist.

What I do not understand is:

1. If they want to show they are a great Police Force doing a great job, then they should nab a few. To nab no-one makes them look close to being as stupid as they really are, and

2. If they really can't find anyone, explain it was a jolly exercise and they never intended to catch anyone. DO NOT publicise it all over the place to make total fools of themselves.

But then again......

When military toke over in 2014 one of the first thing they did were to order all motorbike taxis to get the yellow number plates and the acquired insurance for transport of persons. All went smoothly and about 3 months later all had yellow plates. DLT are absolute right. Passed Terminal 21 on second road. 8 out of 10 motorbikes owned the taxi drivers have white plates and no insurance. 

From a reliable source I'm told that they have to buy the orange west from the police at a price of 10.000 Baht and a fee every month too for not being fined for illigal parking etc. 

Police are just protecting their driving ATMs. 

They have provided me with needed transportation more than a few times... as I decided to never own an internal combustion engine again...at least for a year or 3

Legal or not....  Appreciate those who can help you in times of need 55  Regards, SW

No prostitution on Walking Street and no illegal motorcycle taxis found in Pattaya even though estimates put the number operating illegally at 80%. Makes you think that the police couldn't find a drop of rain in a thunderstorm.

Not only is every one of them pristinely legal - the two pictured are wearing their Sunday best M/C uniforms'. Wow! 

I must go to Pattaya. world class family resort, no prostitution, and no illegal Motorbikes.

No Illegal motorbikes:

So not only were they 'legal' in their business, all, EVERY ONE of the bikes were- taxed, insured, well maintained and no bald tyres, front lights working, rear lights working, riders wearing helmets, - right?.....

Oh, and they all had a genuine, valid driving licence in addition to the documentation, (also genuine), to allow them to carry passengers.

Very impressed!

Even more so that this was all checked in ONE DAY!

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

Are the Pattaya police just stupid, or are they being paid off?

Both.  100% of Pattaya taxis are illegal and never use their meters yet Plod NEVER make an arrest.  At least in Bangkok there is the odd fine on full moon days.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:35 PM, luk AJ said:

What is the difference between a legal and illegal MC taxi?
If you drive a normal MC and you pick up somebody is this illegal?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

There is no difference whether legal / illegal, they both trash just about every other corner in Pattaya. Negative Dept.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:17 AM, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I agree with you entirely, though I think you need to replace the word "force" with "farce."

agree  there used to be tv programme in Uk starring Brian Rix, this was proper farce....very dificult to perform....have to have the knack to do/act....

Archived